Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Buying land, building a track.

• This topic has 9 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I know 2 other guys willing to help you.
    There is nothing you can not do.
    You already know that though, lol.

The other Day at the Greg Hill clinic Brett came up to me and was like, Lee are you really serious about this?

My response : yes.

This has been something in the back of my head for awhile now and i know people are going to be skeptical about a 16 year old heading the building of a new track, but what age group is this sport geared at? Who else is going to put all they have into it and then more to see it through? Brett pm me about people you have willing to help and lets get some organization going here and see where we can take this. Oh, and by the way, The track, if it gets built, will have a killer website — 8)

CWCCRIDER

@Theyoyokid303 wrote:

Yeah, I would like to see what we can do with this…… How hard is it to get a track started thru the NBL? like do we have to get it approved or anything? And as for a sanction, If we DID chose one it would most likely be NBL…….

http://www.nbl.org/start-track.html

bmiddaugh

Guy who would help track get going…
    🙄

rodney

what town would the track go ?

bmiddaugh

If someone says something can’t be done, that means they can’t do it, nothing else.

Try to think of every reason to go for something and go for it. People who do the right thing will always perserver in the long run.

s4lnj

we’ll talk at the egg this thursday —

ABA also has a start a track thing and so does BMXL. Though BMXL isnt sanctioning any races yet. Also Im doing some research for a project. Matt Raymer and Cash Matthews are in the ABA Hall of Fame because at 15 & 16 they helped convince local officials to let them build a track in Shawnee, Oklahoma. That next year they had the NBA Summer Tour come thru town and NBA Nationals the following year. Yes they had adults help them build and run it but it was those two teens and Mark Carlton another local kid who made it all possible.

Dont be so fast to be certain to go NBL. The ABA has better insurance and this would be on private land.

ABA
    http://www.ababmx.com/index.php?page=newtrack

BMXL
    http://www.bmxl.org/getting_started.htm

Wowww Erick Wowww! you got it going brother cool beans… nice site btw! i would go with that but no clips ehhh…. — I will see about getting a packet from ABA and NBL comparing both and seeing where we can go from there……I need to find a track director… I asked the padre… not interested but he said he wouldn’t mind being a “groundsman” with a key to work on the track since we live so close. Once i find a head for the track operations… i will see about getting money flow started and getting the land purchased… and if we did get money going and the land couldnt be purchased i would like to see it go to NJBMX……. somehow

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.