Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events Boy is this>>>>>

• This topic has 5 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Just a flat out lie. 😆 So how much did BOB pay the guy to say this

NBL…
    Bob, thanks for listening to us on Friday. You did the right thing! Plates are top notch, the trophies were HUGE, the announcing was great…

From vintage.
    here is the whole link
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001573#000000

But bob what about the ancient equipment and why are the local scene’s sucking wind. Well i don’t know bout that son, but the grands sure were great. ( that is all he cares about BIG races)

But bob the aba was broadcasting live on the net. well son wait a minute i will get right on it. Yeah right!!!!!!

bmxer901

also at the grands there was a little girl getting threatened by another riders parents at the finish line and all he did was walk away. when he was confronted by the police on why he didnt do anything about it he said it wasnt his place to enforce anything that the it was the officers job. I guess its things like this that make the “nbl the best in bmx”. Oh wait there new one is ” We are BMX”. HAHAHA

bmiddaugh

Did this happen this weekend?

4130forlife

yes it did happen.. bob sucks.. the nbl plates suck..arrrg

BIGANT-DOG

Damn if crap like that is happening OH hell I am going on vintage right now.

BIGANT-DOG
    bmxer901

dave was with me when this was all going on. the whole weekend was a joke. mostly all of the classes were atcked with riders that werent even qualified to race the grands. The old rule was if your not qualified then you have to race the open but now becuase there greedy and money hungry they accept everyone. so in my case i didnt make the main and every rider but one was actually qualified for this race.

bmxmom156

i dont know about the old rule we have been going to the grands prob since 1997( ugh its been that long) and we have always had unqualified riders in my sons age group( i know because its been my pet peeve all along) the first year it happened my son started racing cruiser and when i found out a non qualified rider from ky( a local yokal derby city was his home track) made the main( he was in my sons semi to boot) and it was his FIRST CRUISER RACE ever…. i was sooo pissed… i felt like he took my sons place in the mainhe took 4th and dan took 5th in semi) and here i spent the money getting him in his 5 races like the rules say and so on and this kid just pops out of nowhere.. well when i got home i wrote a letter to bt and explained my frustration to him not expecting him to respond at all… well i was very suprised when i got a call the end of the week from bt himself. the reason he explained to me that they let them in is that “the aba has been letting our riders participate in thier grands for years so the nbl had to reciprocate” that didnt make me feel any better and i told him so…

so i dont know maybe you are speaking before 97 but if so i like the old rules better… just not right to let kids pop in like that. they can be strict with the regional championship but not the national championship? DUHH!

bmiddaugh

All races should be open to all people…
    If you are the best…
    YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT EVERYONE IN YOUR CLASS.
    If not…well…tough noogies.
    If the nbl didn’t give HUGE points to the freaking motos you would NEVER run into these problems.
    nbl…
    NoBodyListens…
    But all the sheep love to be herded.

bmxmom156

then there should be no qualifications …why not take your best 105 races then?

i bet a few parents would love that rule…lol

i understand you have to beat the best to be the best theory…but then explain that to a 7 yr old…go ahead try it…

bmiddaugh

The guy who just shows up at the race gets nothing other than racing for trophy for the day.
    He gets no plate.
    I will say this there is no min. qualifications to race the aba grands either.
    I don’t understand the logic here,
    some kid shows up, races for the day.
    Wins the class.
    You get second.
    You should still win the plate.
    This is all about competing, at least racing is…
    I guess my question is, what is the question the 7 year old would be asking?
    Not being an a**, just actually wondering what the kid would ask.
    I may be able to explain my view better if someone gives me a real world scenario on this situation.
    Again the problem lies in the whole giving bigger points to the motos then to the mains.
    In the main you are racing the best kids in your class…
    Actually, I know why this all has happened, and I am gonna get reamed for this.
    But.
    It’s because parents were no doubt complaining that little johnny racer wasn’t scoring high enough because he couldn’t qualify out of the motos.
    So they made up a rule to appease the parents instead of asking the racers where they should get pointed higher.
    I win a moto I get 50 points.
    I win the main after qualify through 1/8ths, 1/4’s, semis….
    I get 10 points…Is there not something wrong with that?

bmxmom156

believe me the kids know who they are racing… maybe we shouldnt let them see the sheets with the qualified racers on it… as they get older they have memories like elephants. my son remembers kids he raced at his first pres cup way back in 96 or 97 i swear…( and where they are from) i dont even know who these kids are….

when somoene is in their moto/ semi whatever who they never see( i am speaking for older riders mostly) they ask who is that kid i never raced him before… these kids talk to each other in staging then one says hey this is my first race i never did nbl before or whatever… we had a kid this past weekend who made it to the main who was an expert who JUST turned from novice…he won all his motos and blew away some really fast riders in 1/8’s 1/4’s and semis… ( maybe he was a career novice? who knows) everyon e wanted to know where he came from??

now take a kid he makes it to the main he takes a spot away from another rider who “qualified” ( did 5 nationals) he really should race in the open just feel that if he dosnt get a plate he shouldnt be in class. how can you not see how this affects the kids standings? if you think they dont care about the number think again. maybe when they are older but i know plenty of older riders who were chompin at the bit waiting for those numbers to be posted on sunday….

brett i kinda get the feeling you dont like the national races ( wonder why?)just cause you dont like the nat system dosnt mean it dosnt work or cant be modified somewhat. and who says just casue the aba does it that the nbl has to allow it? i cant understand this rational.

heres another situation…with the older kids actually in cruiser it happened also the year dan qualified for the worlds(01)… they only take top 4 for cruiser. so he missed out by getting 5th…. again non qual rider went to main which caused him to miss out on top 4… cant race the worlds on cruiser… no biggy we applied and did the petition thingy…. no go.. they had plenty of riders ahead of us on the waiting list.. then ( sorry i got off on a tangent again..lol) we go and the kid who did qualify at 4th( another rider) breaks his arm 3 weeks before the race and refuses to give up his spot..can you imagine that?? real team work…go team usa but now we only have 3 riders in 11cruiser…. piece of work i tell you…

anyway i dont know wht the answer is but i do like the no points till the main idea.. in aba and i like having to get local points to get your national main points for the grands.. the nbl could certainly make a move towards this to boost the local race scene.

kids race for the love of the sport but if you think they dont care about the ranking / number thingy you are mistaken. they like mostly everything about it ( except for the crashing part…lol)

4130forlife

2005 state championship in NJ.. it was my nefew’s 1st race.. they wouldnt let him race class.. cause it was the “state” championship..but they let some jackass race the grands who hast qualified…that burns me the fuck up so bad

bmiddaugh

hmmmm,
    As Greg Hill would say, Don’t concentrate on who you are racing, just concentrate on racing.
    It will affect a kids standings only if he doesn’t beat the faster rider.
    You are at the grand nationals or the worlds you are supposed to be racing against the fasted riders in the nation-world.
    If you are leading points and can’t a rider that another kid can, even if this “other rider” isn’t there for a plate, then whoever beats the faster rider should win the plate.
    Racing is all about winning the race against the fastest people in your class.
    What has happened is that a lot of rules have been put into place to soften the blow to johnny racer who doesn’t win.
    It’s hard to explain some of this stuff because most everyone here has never raced an aba race.
    Again, there are no qualifications to “race the grands”. But there are qualifications to win a national ranking.

Dave,
    I do not like that the state series makes you qualify as well and you can’t race if you don’t hit the mins. Should be the same as the nationals.
    You can race, but you get no plate.
    I don’t know, maybe if we discuss this real time, we could figure it all out…

bmxer901

see thats one of the main reasons for the open’s for every age at the grands, so that everyone that isnt qualified has a class to race.as any racer knows on that track anything can happen at any time. so how can that one race give someone that didnt even qualify in th efirst place the bragging rights that hes the best for an intire year. its not right at all the people/parents that qualify for that race spend thousands just to qualify and they get royaly screwed by the ones that spend the least.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.