Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… The Dog-Father AMERICAN CARS RULE

• This topic has 11 voices and 49 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Kmart

Sure I’ll race…see you at Lime Rock or the road course of your choice…..I’m an SCCA racer not an NHRA guy

PS: I drove a new ZO6 a few weeks ago at Michelin’s test track and it was pretty choice…..Good and bad on both sides

Kmart

bmxmom156

no layoffs for honda… how much do they get paid? how are their benefits? do they have a pension fund, what about the asian workers/ factories??? check out china and their lack of pollution controls? you know where the money is NOT being spent.

i know there is no real american made car( 100% made here) but i bet you think twice now before buying produce/food from asian countries…i tend to look at labels more now than ever.

bigdaddyrg

my cars my bikes my food just about every thing i have made in the usa.i would rather pay TOM DICK AND HARRY thene CHING CHONG AND LEE. AND IWILL DO A ROAD COURSE IF YOU DRAG..MY CAR IS 4500LB OF BIG RED CHEVY POWER………..

Kmart

I agree with being more aware of consumables from asian (China specifically)countries. It has actually been difficult to find toys for my daughter that are not made in China. My point is that a number of Honda cars are more domestic then imported…..

As far as their salaries and benefits: They have retirement funds, including pension and matching 401K contributions, profit sharing bonus, the ability to move from the assembly line to the engineering offices and earn the title of engineer (and the pay, including company cars) based on expierence. If a typical assembly line worker stays on for 5 or more years they typically become a team leader and can earn beyond 80K a year. Not bad without a college education…….Teh UAW has tried to get into Honda but they get turned down because non of the workers there are interested.

Not sure what your question is about Asian workers/factories….but related to polution, Honda is a green company in product and production.

Unions in general (My Father was a Teamster) can be useful. However the UAW is one of the reasons the Detroit 3 are struggling. It has built inefficeincies into the whole devlopment and manufacturing process not to mention the bloated salaries of it’s members.

To go further with “American” car companies, check the salaries and bonuses for the CEO’s, 10’s of millions of $’s while they lay off 10’s of thousands of people……buy American translates more into corporate jet rides for the CEOs family then it does for jobs to the blue collar workers…

As I said I’m in the industry and have family in Michigan and friends that work up there that have been effected by this. I go out of my way to buy products made in the USA or Canada…..My Mountain Bikes: Canada, MY Honda Civic Canada and my Honda Pilot Alabama…

Kmart

Also what will 4500 lbs of Chevy lovin do in the 1/4????

BTW: Not anti-american, just don’t think the US has good products out their now….I too still wish they made the 68 Camaro

loudogg666

why do people bicker and fight about cars on an online bmx website?
    oh well.
    rodney still had the best post of the topic.

BIGANT-DOG

Lou nothing says on topic here. —

bmxmom156

i dont think its fight and bicker its communication ( again) i for one was suprised and glad kmart posted that article. its informative thats for sure… i have to show it to my husb (union family/ sheet metal) he would be interested in that for sure…

but one thing they didnt go into (unless i missed it) was the tax incentives our govmt offers to honda toyota etc to bring their plants to these areas of rebuilding… ( it isnt out of the kindness of thier heart that they move there) why give tax incentives to corps that dont need it? i can think of other ppl in the usa who could use the tax breaks… couldnt you??

another topic i guess??

loudogg666

i hate cars.

bigdaddyrg

it is a high 10 car 1970 ss monte carlo

Kmart

nice…..the last car I raced with my dad at E Town was a 71 VW Super beetle on a modified Chevelle chassis with a 355 and a glide in the front…Mid 10’s w/a Holly 750 and mid 9’s with NO2 and a tunnel ram…

Kmart

BIGANT-DOG

This is real HORSE POWER, Ain’t a dyno built that can measure it.

I do not wear a gasmask either.

click the video.

rodney

What can brown do for you ( Anthony Brown )hahahaha …… I swear you are white and should live in Manville !!!!!

njoldcruiser

Manville’s not just for Polocks anymore!

rodney

Some one who knows manvilles past hahahaaa!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.