Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old All ladies State Team

• This topic has 6 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

i dont think its a matter of what shouldnt be done its just called “brainstorming” and you get the pros and the cons and you go from there.. you have to look at both sides you cant walk around with a bag over your head can you?

bmiddaugh

well that depends on how you look….. 😆

Caveman

I think an all girls team would rock. I would also like to offer my services as team manager. 😆
    I think if anyone started a team they would have enough common sense to pick ladies that aren’t going to race each other.
    Around 1990 I believe it was Colour Control that fielded an all girls team with Dianna Bowling, Cindy Davis and others. (Right now all of the NiBbLers are saying, “Who are those people and what’s Colour Control?”) It rocked.

If somebody wants to do it, they should push for a rule change and do it. Problem solved.

bmiddaugh

oh….Cavey….marry me!

RaidenHayden

Caveman, letting you run the team would be like letting the fox into the hen house, but yeah I remember Colour Control

bmxmom156

bill you said what i was thinking.

maybe caveman should just get more sleep so HE can race.

:wink:!

bmxmom156

does anyone have a list of the girls class/ ages in nj…. just curious how many are that close in age. this includes the super girls/ over 16?

brett maybe you should included a ladies of bmx section in your dvd for next yr? i noticed some in this yrs version. that was cool

RaidenHayden

Dave just needs more Geritol, and to remember that he has to pedal

bmxmom156

and no more of these before a race… CHampagne

bmxgirlmom

I actually like the idea of an all girls team…but to maximize their points potential, most of the girls on the team would have to race as Rookies, Novices or Experts to avoid the beating their own team-mates conflict.

Currently there are only about 15 girls who race in NJ. The vast majority of those are in the 6 to 10 age group which means 6-7, 8-9, and 10-11 girls would be the teams main draw. There are (3) 16 & over girls-1 away at college now, 1 going to college next fall, (1 or 2) 14-15 girls, and maybe (1) 12-13 girl. Amanda Robbins races as a Novice, so she would be a good pick. All the others are registered as girls and as such, unless they opt to race boys for the day, have to race girls. If they choose to race boys for the day, they have to be manually changed from girls to novice (girls registered as girls, have to race Novices) they would then be pointed as a Novice in regards to finishes. Not usually a help for the team in the older classes 13 and up cause most of the girls cannot beat all of the boys in their age group.

Can we change the team rules? Yes. Should we? Well, that depends on if there is someone out there that wants to run an all girls team.

bmiddaugh

Maybe one of the mom’s could encourage their daughter to sorta co-manage a team. Teach em the ropes.
    It could very well give one of the ladies who was thinking about quitting motivation to stay with it to help new girls get into it.

bmiddaugh

I would also like to offer my services as team manager.

I know Dave was busting…
    But, it has a ring to it..

The Cavegirl Team?

Caveman

The Cavegirl team. Yeah, there’s a good idea. Me managing a team of underage girls. The guys from Dateline NBC would have a field day. 😆 You better believe I was busting.

But seriously, once again we’ve all gotten sucked into another hypothetic idea and started pontificating about it for no reason (Including me and now I feel like a dope). Janeen is right.

Can we change the team rules? Yes. Should we? Well, that depends on if there is someone out there that wants to run an all girls team.

If somebody actually wants to do it let them press for a rule change. If not, we’re wasting our time pontificating about nothing.

bmiddaugh

ah yes!
    But it is better to have loved and lost….then to never to have loved at all.

I think what I was going for was something like we finished up with.

Yea, we can do it, just need someone to run it and a simple rule change.

Instead of starting with a can’t do attitude.

Do ya sorta know what I mean?

Cave, are you coming to the banquet? I believe the pa system thing is being discussed there.

Sullivan

doesnt matter Point Pleasant will win regardless!!! Cavegirl team, omg all i’m seeing is Kaipgan in handcuffs 🙄
    u better be hitin that squat rack for this weekend, son!!! You dont wanna get spit out the back down the 1st straight 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.