Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ABA leading the way in promoting BMX racing.

• This topic has 17 voices and 65 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

somebody promise me it will be in NORTH jersey not pa (for some reason folks thing north jersey is on the other side of the del water gap…lol) i had someone tell me i was going to help out with that track in hazelton(2 1/2 hrs away) since i was in north jersey…for cryan out loud morris county is not in the poconos!!!

so pleasedont make it too north west that its in the poconos ok?

ok new providence basking ridge would be nice or florham pk or morris plains or even UNION how bout that? parsippany boonton ANYWHERE but stay away from rte 80 west.lol

bmxmom156

somebody promise me it will be in NORTH jersey not pa (for some reason folks thing north jersey is on the other side of the del water gap…lol) i had someone tell me i was going to help out with that track in hazelton(2 1/2 hrs away) since i was in north jersey…for cryan out loud morris county is not in the poconos!!!

ok new providence basking ridge would be nice or florham pk or morris plains or even UNION how bout that? parsippany boonton ANYWHERE but stay away from rte 80 west.lol

bmxmom156

RFarside

@bmxmom156 wrote:

somebody promise me it will be in NORTH jersey

There is a good chance of getting one in south Jersey.

RFarside

@bmxmom156 wrote:

RFarside

@bmxmom156 wrote:

bmxmom156

oh that just made my day

bmxmom156

oh that just made my day

bmxmom156

oh that just made my day

CrazyCraig

Time to start making phone calls Deb.

My wife and I have become friends with a former councilman (who is running again next year – lost the mayor’s race last year) and the guy is BIG TIME pro-kids. He has done alot for youth programs in our town.

I make no promises, but he knows I race BMX and I will start asking him questions about where to start and how to navigate the process in our town (Parsippany).

CrazyCraig

Time to start making phone calls Deb.

My wife and I have become friends with a former councilman (who is running again next year – lost the mayor’s race last year) and the guy is BIG TIME pro-kids. He has done alot for youth programs in our town.

I make no promises, but he knows I race BMX and I will start asking him questions about where to start and how to navigate the process in our town (Parsippany).

If you are really serious about the commitment you will have to make to start a track, here are some words of advice of someone who has done it a few times before;
    Take the time to look for private lots in the area you like, either for sale or owned by someone who is interested in BMX. Private lands will save months of time, money, and above all HASSLE. Take the time to look because private is the way to go in the long run AND short run.
    (I’ve had problems with Townships because everything had to go out for public bid, EVERYTHING, even donated dirt and equipment).
    If public is the way you chose to go, be prepared for the hassle, really prepared, before you talk to anyone, create a business plan. Include everything you can think of. The NBL will provide you with most of the info you need (and probably the ABA, but I’ve never tried)but not all.
    Get Demographic info, potential local income ie., hotels, restaurants, convienence stores, etc., and above all insurance, insurance, insurance. Be well organized, when you say BMX to most people they think ” juvenile delinqents” you have to prove that “you”, as the only face of BMX they will see, are someone they would like to have a relationship with.
    Good luck to anyone who is willing to try

If you are really serious about the commitment you will have to make to start a track, here are some words of advice of someone who has done it a few times before;
    Take the time to look for private lots in the area you like, either for sale or owned by someone who is interested in BMX. Private lands will save months of time, money, and above all HASSLE. Take the time to look because private is the way to go in the long run AND short run.
    (I’ve had problems with Townships because everything had to go out for public bid, EVERYTHING, even donated dirt and equipment).
    If public is the way you chose to go, be prepared for the hassle, really prepared, before you talk to anyone, create a business plan. Include everything you can think of. The NBL will provide you with most of the info you need (and probably the ABA, but I’ve never tried)but not all.
    Get Demographic info, potential local income ie., hotels, restaurants, convienence stores, etc., and above all insurance, insurance, insurance. Be well organized, when you say BMX to most people they think ” juvenile delinqents” you have to prove that “you”, as the only face of BMX they will see, are someone they would like to have a relationship with.
    Good luck to anyone who is willing to try

bmxmom156

my girlfriend tried getting a track/spent a good year ( and i mean countless hours of footwork going to meetings in the town etc) and nothing. she was pushing for the bmx track up in west milford( which is about as far from me as flemington is) anyway she got so burnt out and usually is the type of person who wont take a NO answer from anyone. she worked w/the nbl i believe and it may have been john david back when he was the promoter person but all that land was ok’d and got the okiedokie from the higher ups but what it came down to was the neighbors in the surrounding area i think they were just not into the “noise factor” it was supposed to be an “extreme park” which unfortunately was to include atv’s( major mistake) but thats how ppl sell it nowadays. making it a multi- purpose sport area seems to sell it better but then you have the other “undesirable” sports like ones which cause a noise nusance to the ppl living there.

maybe i am getting too old for this fight alone but i support anyone who gets a track built anywhwere nowadays.( just make it in the north part of the state..lol)

bmxmom156

my girlfriend tried getting a track/spent a good year ( and i mean countless hours of footwork going to meetings in the town etc) and nothing. she was pushing for the bmx track up in west milford( which is about as far from me as flemington is) anyway she got so burnt out and usually is the type of person who wont take a NO answer from anyone. she worked w/the nbl i believe and it may have been john david back when he was the promoter person but all that land was ok’d and got the okiedokie from the higher ups but what it came down to was the neighbors in the surrounding area i think they were just not into the “noise factor” it was supposed to be an “extreme park” which unfortunately was to include atv’s( major mistake) but thats how ppl sell it nowadays. making it a multi- purpose sport area seems to sell it better but then you have the other “undesirable” sports like ones which cause a noise nusance to the ppl living there.

maybe i am getting too old for this fight alone but i support anyone who gets a track built anywhwere nowadays.( just make it in the north part of the state..lol)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.