Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ABA INDOOR!

• This topic has 10 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

That would draw better than a track, this structure is killing shit

I bought my ABA license in 2005 hoping to race. My local track charges $5 to practice. I paid a few times and said screw it, tracks too hard to race on why waste money paying for gates. Almost no ones paying to practice. End result the track that used to draw up to 60 motos on a Friday night if not more cant fill 20 motos (sure 20 motos but 3 riders each or 4 lol).

Some riders, myself included, would just show up to do gates and sometimes got talked into racing. Thats happening less now that you have to pay just to practice. I remember once at Coal Canyon. Was there just to hang and do some gates. This 22-30 cruiser guy wanted to race adults not kids so he asked me and Claude Svenginy to race. We said ok. (We beat him all three motos (he thought I guess cause we didnt race we must not be good), he got so pissed, he even tried to crash me).
    That entire class happened cause Practice was free. If it wouldnt have been 3 less racers woulda raced.

First Pros and factory stars would race it. The number of nationals were increased, more districts were added Cal went from 4 to like 23. District now meant next to nothing to many. Pro and Factory riders stopped racing but kept practicing. Then they started charging for practice (see Democrats tax plan). Less people showed up and it became less fun to go do gates even. Then they raised taxes (read entry fees). Even less started going. Now there were even more nationals and tracks got so hard- could you risk injury on a local?

Hardly anyone showed and now the tracks in SoCal usually cant break 30 motos and often don’t break 10.

If I ran an indoor track Id race it every week in the winter. Then on the off weekend day have an open jam session for like $5-10 all day for members of the sanction ($15-20 for non members or whatever covers extra insurance costs). You can work on gates and sections without worrying about tiring yourself out. You can ride the ramps and the off track Jumps if you dare and insurance allows. Both days you’d have food and beverage and some parts in a Pro shop or trailer. Id have a lounge with a TV and videos. And a spinning class for caveman.

RaidenHayden

Vote Republican. More tacks/less crap LOL

miken1973

@ErickWeinstetter wrote:

I bought my ABA license in 2005 hoping to race. My local track charges $5 to practice. I paid a few times and said screw it, tracks too hard to race on why waste money paying for gates. Almost no ones paying to practice. End result the track that used to draw up to 60 motos on a Friday night if not more cant fill 20 motos (sure 20 motos but 3 riders each or 4 lol).

Some riders, myself included, would just show up to do gates and sometimes got talked into racing. Thats happening less now that you have to pay just to practice. I remember once at Coal Canyon. Was there just to hang and do some gates. This 22-30 cruiser guy wanted to race adults not kids so he asked me and Claude Svenginy to race. We said ok. (We beat him all three motos (he thought I guess cause we didnt race we must not be good), he got so pissed, he even tried to crash me).
    That entire class happened cause Practice was free. If it wouldnt have been 3 less racers woulda raced.

First Pros and factory stars would race it. The number of nationals were increased, more districts were added Cal went from 4 to like 23. District now meant next to nothing to many. Pro and Factory riders stopped racing but kept practicing. Then they started charging for practice (see Democrats tax plan). Less people showed up and it became less fun to go do gates even. Then they raised taxes (read entry fees). Even less started going. Now there were even more nationals and tracks got so hard- could you risk injury on a local?

Hardly anyone showed and now the tracks in SoCal usually cant break 30 motos and often don’t break 10.

If I ran an indoor track Id race it every week in the winter. Then on the off weekend day have an open jam session for like $5-10 all day for members of the sanction ($15-20 for non members or whatever covers extra insurance costs). You can work on gates and sections without worrying about tiring yourself out. You can ride the ramps and the off track Jumps if you dare and insurance allows. Both days you’d have food and beverage and some parts in a Pro shop or trailer. Id have a lounge with a TV and videos. And a spinning class for caveman.

The only thing I disagree on is tracks being too hard. Maybe out in Cali but out here tracks are too easy or too goofy. But the blame of low moto counts and dwindling local programs is the sanctions Ie bob tedesco and Clayton John . THe emphasis is going to nationals. No one wants to risk getting hurt at a local and the competition is not as intense as the national level. Therefore the numbers dropped. Back when flemington moved down the hill the moto counts took a good hit and so did the state series. People only showed to race the state series. So it the rules changed that you had to hit a certain amount of locals. THis should apply to the national level racing too! Get rid of these stupid regional nationals(the gold cup series seems to work I dont know why but it does) cut the regular nationals in half and your local programs will pick up. race your five nationals add in 10 locals and cut out the regionals and NBL could have a better program. or make system were 10 locals can equal credit for one national. Humans are stupid animals give them more rewards or incetnives to do something and they will!!!!

bmiddaugh

ok phantom, you hinted at this…
    are you trying to play how to keep a bunch of old BMX knuckleheads in suspense?
    LOL
    Do you have something in mind we can help with?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.