Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old ABA INDOOR!

• This topic has 10 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    phantom

Who would race aba if it were indoor polls are open I need input!

bmiddaugh

I’ve already done it years ago. Sounds great.

BIGANT-DOG

HELL YEAH.

RaidenHayden

Talk to Kev C, one year he had a heated place and nothing another year he had a crap builing and BLAMMO it took off. But YEAH

I raced ABA indoor Jersey City Amory, Lakewood Red Pony Indoor and Howard County, MD (I also raced some NBL indoor back then also). The races always drew more motos then todays tracks draw outdoors (mostly).

Asking if kids will race indoor in the Northeast in the middle of winter is like asking them if they want candy at Halloween. Usually a resounding yes.

s4lnj

i agree– do we really need to ask this?–
    absomutha f–kinglutelly.

dave

bmiddaugh

We must also be willing to put our hearts where our mouths are and support it. Week after week. Showing up and racing is not enough right now, you have to help out and go out and promote this thing called BMX.

RaidenHayden

Another prob with some thing like that is that people will show up and practice, but not race, therefore not pumping much needed money into the program to keep it running. Just something to think about

charge to practice? that could clear that up ……

RaidenHayden

Thats where I was leading, an indoor needs alot of money to survive

bmiddaugh

MTB-BMX Freeride.
    That is the future.
    Not this clipped in paved thing.
    Just my 2c’s

miken1973

I remember that one aba indoor in the poconos in that horse barn. Some nitwit slid on the ice and wrecked my car while it was parked. THe time i went there they had to unplug the gate to get it to fall. It was freezing and rob clarke kept forgetting to do the second lap and didnt transfer. Very small track but interesting. Never did the wood one cedar had heard it was abismal . Raced in Jersey city a few times that was fun but a different era that type of track wouldnt work now adays. there was a indoor track off cape cod for a few years in the early to mid 90’s that was pretty cool we would go to the regional there a few times. Went to deleware Ohio once and that was terrible place and those girls were ugly right Salzmann!!! leave it to the cranford locals to bring dogs to the room! THe Dome outside cleavland was awesome. I went there with the Bonillas a few years ago. The track was awesome–had a bar– but it was a bit cold. Harrisburg and comumbus wre always good tracks. Tennesse I did once and it was ok. the Kentucky worlds was a embarrasement. Cant think of any more indoor tracks I know Ohio had a couple other ones that were good. I think there is one update NY most are in the midwest. NJ is a huge distribution hub and indoor space requires a premium price so it will be hard to get a location with low costs.

CrazyCraig

old warehouse + lots of dirt = fun.

😀

4130forlife

that would be just like having an indoor skatepark wouldnt it..it would def have to be open all the time..thats what im guessing

dirtpark and bmx track

bmiddaugh

reread what Legend just wrote.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.