Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum A change to my idea

• This topic has 10 voices and 36 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I had proposed the track with the highest new rider count get the state finals. Well I have had a “revelation” Why not let the riders vote on the track they want to host the race? After all WE are the ones that have to race it. I do understand some of the technicalities involved, but when it comes down to it it is time the riders had a say.

This is not a “diss” to those that have paved the way. (vinnie scottie and countless others.) You guys are the main reason bmx is still here in the nj, but I think that the future will be determined by riders like gabe hatem, little rez, kyle dulock, matty crammer etc. These are gonna be the next generation of leaders. Why not give them a say now?

RaidenHayden

I like your first proposal, and here is why, it gives the track incentive to make itself better, rather than a popularity contest as to who gets it!

BIGANT-DOG

Bill I am open to both, but both will be presented at the meeting. Either way the rider will have a say

BIGANT-DOG

Bill it could work both ways.I thought about it on the way to work. If it were left up to the riders, the tracks would step their game up and make their track the one the the riders wanted to race the championship at. And I say include pottstown. In conversation with my wife last night (I forgot she was at that meeting) She remeberd people saying pottstown would be a good fit. But even she asked “if you put them in the family and have to travel their for a NEW JERSEY state qualifier, why can’t they host the finals?

I personally have no problem going there for the championship. My question is how do others feel. I wish more people would speak up.

Btw she really likes the facilities.

It should be noted that I am not trying to “stir the pot or raise hell” as I have done in the past. I just feel that the racers need more of a say in what goes on. In talking with freinds from around the country it seems that is the way it is done, and their programs have success. Not saying that we do not, But we can always do beter.

bmxmom156

we have no prob with traveling to pottstown…hey when cheri lindsay was in the nj series it was over 3 hr drive and les and linda(commish at the time) didnt have aproblem with inviting them to be a part of the state series. they didnt host a championship but i know other states do have tracks out of state that do.. i think pa has some ny tracks (up near erie) that are in ny but pa welcomes them as they are with in a 2 hr time frame.

pottstown is not a big deal travel wise and we are in north jersey which is prob farther away than the majority of so jersey riders…

heres my vote -!

4130forlife

take flemington out of the state series, and put pottstown in

BIGANT-DOG

pottstown is not a big deal travel wise and we are in north jersey which is prob farther away than the majority of so jersey riders…

ding ding Deb hit the nail on the head. For us Northerners eht can be a 2 hour drive from edison to 3 hour From hcbmx and beyond. Personally I think they have proven themselves. Glenn and family have even traveled to cj to race. If anyone here has my back (oh god!!!!!!!) I am going to type up an offical proposal and bring it to the table dec 9th. I apprceiate any support I get.

TenaciousD

Now your talking out of your ass Dave…

RaidenHayden

For us in the North, Pottstown is as close as CJ, and closer than EHT

4130forlife

flemington=20 min, pottstown=40 min, howell=1 hour, eht=2 hours

thats from where i live..

BIGANT-DOG

The bottom line is to make bmx racing better so it will be worth the 20m or 2 hour drive. If I know I am gonna have a good time i will drive the 2 hours.

rodney

Im going to pottstown for the first time this Sunday the 11th

4130forlife

youll love that track rodney..you definitly wont want to go back to flemington after you see what pottstown has to offer

pottstowns track is to small,l flemington needs a chair lift, cj has a bad spectator area and bad parking. EHT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

rodney

wait all !!! arent they all good…..at least there ARE tracks .isnt that whats its all about

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.