• This topic has 12 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

i thnk that hcbmx used to be a member of the chamber of commerce in that area, participated in the flemington parades etc… which i thought was a good start to being a legit entity in the area. more exposure was the plan of the day ..now it seems that being quiet and no one will notice is the order of the day…

camping was always an issue esp after the regional way back when.

dont know what the answer is maybe having friends in high places would help… sandy bevins was always chummy with somoene in the county i dont know what happened to the relationship we had with that certain person.

as many can see after last weekend the track has great potential.hopefully it continues to grow with new people coming into the sport.

bmiddaugh

Contingency plan.
    You guys know what that means right?
    Obviously HCBMX is skating on thin ice. Which is in no way helping grow BMX in NJ. The purpose of a sanctioned BMX racing track is to bring in new members and grow BMX.
    If we were talking about trails in some back woods then “flying under the radar” is the correct way to go.
    So, what is my point…
    What is my point, oh yes.
    Contingency plan.
    Now is the time when you start to look around and speak to other towns that may be interested in a BMX facility.
    Hi, we have a great youth sport that is debuting in the Olympics next year, it’s called BMX. It gets kids out of the house and participating in a healthy activity.
    “BMX, isn’t that dangerous”.
    No, statistics show it is less dangerous than football and even basketball.

Why isn’t BMX racing growing in NJ?
    Keeping a positive youth sport facility on the downlow is one way to stimy growth.

How in the world can you justify not promoting a BMX track.
    Flemington is done with BMX?
    Move on and find a town with people who welcome.
    Every post from the HC guys here tells me that the track is just not welcome like it used to be, so why keep pushing to hold on to something that can not grow BMX?
    Now is the time to get moving on finding a new place.

AND PLEASE REREAD THIS POST AS AT NO POINT IN TIME DID I SAY FLEMINGTON SUCKS.
    Well…..maybe the township does if they don’t want a BMX track anymore.
    😈

bmiddaugh

If I work sundays and saturday is my day off, then are ya still pissing me off? LOL, just pointing out that we need to find places where WE ARE WELCOME!

bmiddaugh

This topic now borders on insanity.

Let’s grow BMX.

But not tell anyone about it.

Oxy
    Moron.
    emphasis on number 2.

If flemington and hunterdon county don’t want that track there, then guess what? I will not even buy gas if I am on super empty in that area. I’ll push my car to somerset where at least they have a BMX ramp park.

Damn, people, grow a set of bawlz.

bmiddaugh

Yea, I’m pretty sure that was the Murray’s plan in Lumberton.

They didn’t tell the town anything about BMX and then they opened a track.

BMX through osmosis.

Where is my “bang my head against a wall” emoticon.

Don’t the kids who race there, deserve to be in a town that welcomes them?

BIGANT-DOG

Obviously HCBMX is skating on thin ice.

If i can be serious for a moment……..

I was driving up to hc on sunday and was scouting land. here is what i think and this is my opinion.

HCBMX suffers becuase of LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. I like the track, but my wife would not come there or eht because of the port a johns. I know of a girl racer who held it , because of those things.

Now i am not dissing matt or any of those guys, because they do a hell of a job, danny and those guys did a hell of a job. But if the “end is near” I would suggest looking at other land.(if they can) All things must come to an end, I do not want hc to end, but maybe it iS A SIGN TO MOVE ON to better things.

Once again alot of you do not care what I say, but i do speak the truth. Why stay somewhere where you are not welcome? Personally i would rather race somewhere WHERE CAN PROMOTE BMX TO THE FULLEST rather than keep it nder the radar.

btw hcbmx has thew best snackbar of the 3 tracks in jersey. Maybe it is time to look for a new home. I will say it right now. If you need to start looking for another location I will help

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.