Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Old School Racing Old School New Jersey pros Reply To: Old School New Jersey pros

There was also “Fast Eddie” Clark, who raced pro from 1983-1985 or so. I don’t know where in Jersey he was from, but I do remember meeting up with him at several nationals those years. He was a blast to hang out with. Funny as he** and always had a good attitude. I think he rode for DJ’s.

Also, there was Jason Alvarez. He was from Cranford. I think he turned pro sometime in the early 80’s. I ran into him at the original Cranford Trails 20-something years ago, when I first started racing. I sold him some fishing gear back in the early 90’s. He said he still had his bike, then, but there was too much dust on it to ride.

He used to hang out with Christine Lisnock, one of the first female pros in the state. I think Cathy Schacel was the first, though.

I got busted by the Cranford PD with Christine. Charges – elluding a police officer and careless driving on a bicycle. We were minding our own business in the center of town, when the cops started chasing us for no reason. Bastards. Actually, I think they confused us with a group of skaters who were messing with a parking lot gate. We were so used to getting chased, we just booked. Dumb move. I didn’t have my DL at the time, so the judge hit me with a $50 fine. Christine got a fine and points on her license.

I think I’d rather have Brad Sheply’s speeding ticket from Pittsburg, though. I think it was 52 in a 35 on his 20″. That’s the rumor I heard, anyway.