Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Your thoughts on the hate crimes bill

• This topic has 6 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    adamguild

Some of it seem Big Brotherish…While other aspects seem somewhat feasible.

CrazyCraig

can you post a link to it? or at least some info about it? I know I can look it up but figure you must have some info readily accessible.

RaidenHayden

Haven’t read it, but as always the goverment will determine that it has to make regulations to fix the problem!!! People need to get over what ever fear of different people they haveand be done with it!!!!
    I bet many don’t know that in the early 1900’s bicycling was THE sport in this country, wanna bet what color the star of the day wa Black, Major Mitchell was his name, know anyone who has had open heart surgery, guess what? The first Doctor that performed that in the US was a black man. Everybody has something to contribute, no matter what color or ethicity!!!!
    Just live together

bmiddaugh

I’m down with it.
    I hate crimes.

…or is this bill worded differently than I’m thinking??

RaidenHayden

Is that like a cereal killer??? Why would any one hurt froot loops???

adamguild

Why would anyone want to kill Captain Crunch?

adamguild

Here is some examples

In 2004, eleven Christians were arrested and jailed in Philadelphia for the “hate crimeâ€ÂÂ￾ of peaceful evangelism at a gay pride parade. For the full story, visit http://www.truthtellers.org

Hate Laws End Free Speech.

In Canada,

A Christian was fined $6,000 for printing 3 Bible verses against homosexuality. A newspaper was fined $6,000 for accepting his ad.
    A Christian printer was fined $5,000 for refusing to print stationery for homosexual activists. He was bankrupted after spending $175,000 contesting the charge.
    A Christian was fined $35,000 for distributing “hate literatureâ€ÂÂ￾–tracts critical of homosexuality. Church school administrators were forced to hire a known homosexual, under threat of prison.
    A pastor was told it’s a “hate crimeâ€ÂÂ￾ to hand out gospel tracts, punishable by prison.
    In Australia,

Two Christians were indicted for criticizing Islam, another for criticizing Zionism.
    In Britain,

Two political activists were indicted, facing 7 years in prison, for describing Islam as a “wicked faith.â€ÂÂ￾ A filmmaker was threatened with arrest for using the term “homosexualâ€ÂÂ￾ rather than “gay.â€ÂÂ￾
    In Sweden,

A pastor faced prison for reading from the pulpit Scriptures critical of homosexuality.
    In Holland,

It’s now a “hate crimeâ€ÂÂ￾ to criticize fornicators and adulterers.
    In Germany,

A Catholic priest faces jail for the “hate crimeâ€ÂÂ￾ of publicly criticizing abortionists.

A crime is a crime. If I kill somebody or beat them, how is my motive (aside from self defense etc) important? I beat someone because they are ‘blue’, I beat someone to rob them…same crime?

Watch out for the thought police in all of this!

RaidenHayden

I think what Adam is getting at, is they are limiting our free speech, through legislature, that is designed to make us more peaceful. You can’t make people see eye to eye, or live and let live, with laws, only ideas

CrazyCraig

Based on what I read so far, it does not sound good, whether you are a Christian or not. Do your own research and form your own opinions, but I will be calling congress to tell them to vote no.

adamguild

There was a lot more to this just wanted to post some examples…..

adamguild

This will make even thinking a certain way a crime…………..
    THOUGHT POLICE.HMMMMMMMMMMMM

bmiddaugh

I say f-it!
    Let them pass it and then try and arrest people.
    I am SO up for some kind of revolution.

It’s ok to be anti-establishment….well, just about always, lol.

Question authority on the important things.
    Before authority questions you on EVERYTHING.

adamguild

We really need to bring racial profiling back………..The American people need to be treated as Americans and not terrorists…..If people of Arab descent did 911 than target all these laws towards them…….Not us…….
    When we were at war with Japan we had internment camps for them lets open some for the Arabs…………

miken1973

every story you hear has multiple sides very rarely the one you hear is the truth. Trust me I deal with it every day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.