Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. You guys may get lucky.I eat at the Franklin Taco Bell .

• This topic has 5 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    adamguild

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) — An E. coli outbreak that has sickened at least 22 people — two of them seriously — was linked by health investigators Monday to three Taco Bell restaurants in New Jersey.

Investigators also were examining whether an outbreak of 14 cases on Long Island was connected to the fast-food chain.

The people who fell ill in New Jersey had eaten at one of the fast-food restaurants between November 17 and November 28, authorities said.

“We have to find the food they all had in common,” said David Papi, director of health for Middlesex County. (Watch customers seek answers at restaurant. )

Five of the New Jersey victims were in the hospital Monday, including two in serious or critical condition with hemolytic uremic syndrome, which can permanently damage the kidneys, officials said.

Twenty-two of those infected, including two restaurant employees who tested positive for E. coli but did not get sick, ate at a Taco Bell in South Plainfield; another ate at a Taco Bell in Edison, New Jersey; and one ate at a Taco Bell in Franklin Township, New Jersey, authorities said.

In Long Island, an E. coli outbreak sickened at least 14 people, including 10 who ate at Taco Bell. Health officials said eight restaurants in Suffolk and Nassau Counties were closed as a precaution. In New Jersey, the South Plainfield restaurant was closed.

Greg Creed, the president of Irvine, California-based Taco Bell Corp, said the company was sanitizing the restaurants and replacing the food ingredients before reopening, he said.

“Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our customers and employees,” Creed said in a statement. “We are obviously very concerned about the well-being of all those who have been affected by this incident and will continue to work closely with health authorities to get to the root cause of the issue.”

E. coli, or Escherichia coli, is a common and ordinarily harmless bacteria the feces of humans and livestock, but certain strains can cause abdominal cramps, fever, bloody diarrhea, kidney failure, blindness, paralysis, even death.

Most E. coli infections are associated with undercooked meat. The bacteria also can be found on sprouts or leafy vegetables such as spinach. Earlier this year, three people died and more than 200 fell ill from an outbreak traced to packaged spinach grown in California. The bacteria also can be passed among individuals if they do not thoroughly wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the dangerous E. coli strain 0157:H7 infects about 73,000 Americans a year and kills 61.

Symptoms usually show up three to four days after a person eats contaminated food, although in some cases it can be as long as eight days, said Stephanie Brown, an epidemiologist for Middlesex County.

“If they are having symptoms, then the most important thing they need to do is contact their health care provider,” Brown said.

RaidenHayden

Dude, NOOOOOOOO, we have another fight scheduled!!!!!!!! LOL

adamguild

Seriously I ate there twice last month…………lol………

RaidenHayden

Don’t worry I’ll call Dale, he’ll come right over and do CPR

adamguild

Lol……….I bet……Speaking of CPR…..I got certified last year and they taught us how to do the Heimlich Maneuver on ourselves…..Im not sure I could remain calm enough to do it as im choking to death……..but im sure there are plenty of people on here who would love to fill that spot as well………..hahahahahah hohohohohho

RaidenHayden

Just remember Adam, anyone that tells you they can do chest compressions on you with their foot is lying

adamguild

I love you 36 spokers too…….Nice neon………

RaidenHayden

I’m more a 48’s guy, my one cruiser, is SS cranks, 48s and a pitch fork, that’s the bike I ride most of the time and race once in a while

Macdaddy

no-no bill, dont tell him that . I was going to volounteer.

RaidenHayden

What for the compresions during CPR

adamguild

MacDaddy condoner of violence…………..

Macdaddy

yes, But not written vomit. Hey did you see craig stole that.

and yes bill, the easiest way is to gently place foot(in a boot) on the victim’s throate and press until something pops

RaidenHayden

WOW, and they call me the 800lb gorilla

Macdaddy

naw, more like 260

adamguild

He condones racism, he condones violence but never oh never talk about sex because his kid might here…Dude you are a joke……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.