Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old wyoming vally bmx

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Karen

where is it and how do i get there 🙄

bmiddaugh

http://www.wyomingvalleybmx.com/?ABCDEFGH
    You realize that this track is run by….the ABA

Karen

no did not know that first time herin about this track

bmiddaugh

As I was perusing their site, I noticed a strange thing.
    It seems that young kids have the uncanny ability to race and if you are photoing them, look you DEAD in the camera.
    Freaks me out, I have a couple pictures like that from the regional.
    Kids, look at the track not the photog, lol

bmiddaugh

I think they just opened this year.
    Bill Hayden did a write up on them.
    http://www.brokenspokes.net/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=71&mode=&order=0&thold=0

BIGANT-DOG

Dude i smell a road trip a comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

The track re-opened this season after sitting dormant for most of last year. It was formerly known as MountainView BMX Park.
    It has come a long way in a very short time frame, but there is still a lot to be done, however it is quickly becomming a “haven” for “No Nonsense” BMX racing, IE: NO POLITICS ALLOWED!
    No Cliche’s, no grumbling parents..no attitudes. Of course we want suggestions, help, even critism, as long as it’s cunstructive and is aimed at making the track better. Get “Bitchy” and the “Imaginary Door” comes out!
    The track rider load is building each week and I think we are the only track in the ABA right now doing a 100% conversion on sign-ups. Even last week we raised just under $2,700 for the Race for Life. Considering we only had 6 weeks to get a brand new rider load (All Newbies for the most part) out and collecting I think we did pretty good.

The track races every friday nite, reg from 6 to 7, race asap and Saturday, reg 11:30 to 1, race asap. At least on Saturday you can race us and then goto Cedar, which races 5 to 6:30 reg, race asap.

Our next big race is the Pa. State Qualifier on June 17th.

I ran the track from 2002 to 2004 when I gave it up to some people that wanted it in a bad way, but just coudn’t get their act together and let the whole thing fall apart. The new operators, Fred Moran and Scott CAllahan are doing a fantastic job of getting things running smoothly.

Our website is :www.wyomingvalleybmx.com There are directions, message board and pics of the track.

RaidenHayden

I used to love EHT second straight, but I think WVBMX has won out . Lots of fun was had yesterday

Kevin

Hey Bill….Thank You very much for what you and Dave did after the races, the little gate and turn clinic you guys put on.. The kids really enjoyed it, I even had to take Steven back to the track later in the afternoon so he could show me what he learned!
    You might have created a “Monster” though as I think the Ankle Biters are gonna want this every weekend! 😯 …lol

Kev

RaidenHayden

It was fun, cause afterwards we had a bunch of kids that could do gates.

bmxmom156

i remember that track … back in 02 we did a few races in cedar and then it was going to open up we planned on going twice when we were at my dads place in the poconos but our plans fell thru due to rain both those weekends. i was wondering if that track was stil running- i remember kevin leaving cedar to get it up and going and i kept wishng it was closer to the del water gap like maybe shawnee area?? hmmmm?

glad to hear its making a comeback. have to come up and check it out again!!

deb

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.