Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Windows Vista

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Should yo have the urge to buy this, be patient, there are bugs that need to be worked out. One thing to do, is if you have access to another comp while you are setting up new programs would be good, because you will have to go to different manufacturers web sites and download drivers. at times it has disabled my internet service. Having another comp let me simmply enter the error I read, and fix it

bmiddaugh

I installed it on an old Dell I have and it went without a hitch, but I haven’t experimented with all the apps I have yet.
    Its a permissions nightmare.

RaidenHayden

Oh if its on an old dell, hope you got enough memory, and yeah it’s a night mare, thank god for the different forums

bmiddaugh

all i’m running is vista on it..
    it’s an…evaluation version.
    It’s basically the same as xp, but it has new plumbing in it.
    It is a SUPER resource hog, It’s running with 512mb of Rdram on the dell, but it won’t run the cool visual effects and what not.
    and holy shit, the permissions stuff is NUTS!

People, run an antivirus, firewall, and spyware checker, and put a router between you and your net connection.
    Save yourself the 200.00 beans

Firewall:
    zonealarm free

antivirus
    avg antivirus free

spyware
    ad-aware se

and folks….
    Don’t click yes to anything.

kevh

First we all complain about the security holes in windows and now we complain that they locked it down.

Just more job security for us in the IT world. More documentation, more auditing trails, and more time to build new servers.

CWCCRIDER

@RaidenHayden wrote:

because you will have to go to different manufacturers web sites and download drivers.

So thats it !!! I have video of EHT i have been trying to get in my puter

If I can get it done I will post it tonight

RaidenHayden

I personally like the security features, just takes getting used to, as far as downloading pics and video, so far not a problem

adamguild

Just when I was starting to hate XP….BANG.Comes along another HACKER HAPPY OS……..should be fun…..

bmiddaugh

security, we don’t need no stinking security.

(posted with bmiddaugh’s screen name from India with a computer bought with his credit card and a fake ip, LOL)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.