Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old what do you think of a local pro/am series

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

as brett has mentioned, the local scene is dead.

how do we fix it? i don’t know, but i think that the local scene has lost it’s “pazaz”. i think that a “local pro” scene would help bring back some of the excitement to local races

a few years ago, in mullica hills last season, they had 4 friday night races that hosted a small money pro/am open. they used the entry fees for the payout. it brought some new faces to the track and the younger kids were into it. to me it seemed to work out pretty well, (but i didn’t run the track so i could be wrong– i’m sure alot more goes on than i know!!!)

i think they were on the right track untill the 4-h came and broke everyone’s hearts. anyone think that we could get bobby d. on board for another shot at the small pro/ams?

any other ideas for building the local scene???

gotta roll
    dave

bmiddaugh

I think this is an excellent idea and one that never took off in NJ. We have a few guys who could ride in that class and it would be a good thing to generate interest.
    Another thing is to get the local papers involved.
    Forget asking them to come out.
    You have to write up a story, get some good photos and send it to their sports editor, that way there is no expense on their part.
    Basically we need contributors.
    I think at the next open state meeting, the topic of a pro-am series piggybacked on the state races should be broached.

s4lnj

i think with all the fast experts in jersey,the return of farside, plus kapigian, some of the single A riders and fast experts in surrounding states, it could be a pretty cool gig–

i am almost deffinatlly going to the incline club on the 19th– i will talk to you about it some more while we are there–

gotta roll
    dave

bmiddaugh

Maybe we should do one every year and dedicate it to a rider.
    The 2006 “Kevin Anderson Pro-Am” Series.

s4lnj

good idea– a way to extend a little more help his way–

bmxgirlmom

Egg Harbor is doing a 16 & Over Open series this year. Details to follow soon.

Roughly 1 race a month. Gotta race a certain number to race the final. Portion of monthly entry goes into final payout.

Janeen

bmiddaugh

Excellent Janeen!
    What do you think the state would say about a multi-track open series?

bmxgirlmom

You can suggest it, but it would not be part of the State Series. I think there might be things in the works (I don’t have any details) for the 16 & Over open at the Qualifiers and Championship. I know people were discussing it, but I was working on other items.

RFarside

When is the next state meeting?

RaidenHayden

Last weekend, I’m sure they’ll announce the next one

bmxgirlmom

Last weekend was just a Board Meeting. The General Meeting has not been scheduled. We’ll try for something shortly after Comp. Congress.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.