Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. We’re going in a new direction.

• This topic has 10 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

We’ve been going on a non-positive slide this past month or so. I fear that some of this has been brought on by my overzealous nature of defending BMX. Because of this, I will be driving everything on the site in a positive direction.
    Frank, Chris and yoyokid get the bonus points today for waking me up to this fact.
    If there is a legitimate problem, pm me, I will personally help get it resolved.
    I am watching everyone a little more closely now.

Macdaddy

Brett, if I can be of any help, ask. I live in Pa. but my son races in NJ. It is hard for me to get to any tracks other than on a race day or practice night. If something can be done on those days, i will help.

Mac what part of PA? When I raced NJ i lived in Bucks County right on the Delaware. Raced a few SE PA tracks over the years.
    First was Lakeside Amusement Park
    Then came Supertrack
    Then Bensalem
    I also raced the Philly Convention Center race run by a PA NBL track director Bob Tedesco. Cant remember if I was 16x or novice.

kevh

Where was Supertrack? I don’t remember that one.

Seems I missed alot of tracks when I was little.

CrazyCraig

Who here besides me made the trip to the Phoenixville Track in 88 & 89? It was near Valley Forge. The first straight was an awesome downhill run!

kevh

I was there, broke my collerbone trying to pull manual the first table in practice at a state qualifier.

I went there a couple years ago, and they put in soccer fields. You could make out part of the first straight.

Caveman

Phoenixville Supertrack. My favorite track of all time. They turned ABA in 88 so I went out there with friends one time and got HOOKED. After racing crummy old Deptford that place was the BOMB. Killer first straight. The track went back to the NBL the following year and that’s the whole reason I ever got an NBL license. So I could race there again. That was Chase Didget’s local track. I’ve got pictures. I so need a scanner.

Good times.

Where were we? Oh yeah, new direction. Onward and upwards.

kevh

I thought Reading was better track. Phoenixville had the cool first straight but the rest of the track was a little lame. Except for the water jump decision maker on the last straight.

Reading was downhill and crazy fast.

CWCCRIDER

@Caveman wrote:

After racing crummy old Deptford

what, WHAT 😯 ❓ ❓

Where would you be today if ther never was THE DUST BOWL ❗ ❗ ❗

bmiddaugh

crummy old

Hey I resemble that remark!

jaylamoon

😀 This is a great response and I agree the site was headache free up until a month ago. Its easy to get fired up! so ummmm bring a friend lend em a bike and lets watch BMX grow. I know this is a touchy subject and Im sure you’ve all talked about it (clips) well if your using them what ones are the easiest to get into. the ones I have are hard tof ind the clip . someone said the tymes are easy to get on? any opinions old school guys (SORRY) is the only time they really give you an edge on the gate?

Caveman

Where would you be today if ther never was THE DUST BOWL

Nowhere, but you obviously never raced Phoenixville. Deptford smelled of pig farms. With Phoenixville you got to drive through Valley Forge to get there. That was half the fun for me. There was plenty of shade from the huge trees by the first straight. Speaking of the first straight, you would be going 80-85 mph at the bottom. I won a lot of races there, met my first girlfriend there. Phoenixville was very, very good to me.

Jaylamoon, clips help you all the way around the track. If you’re pedalling, they’re helping. I’ve run the same pair of Shimanos for five years now. If you do it right you only have to clip in once.

CrazyCraig

In practice Chase used to grab big air off the jumps at Phoenixville. It was really sweet to watch. That little bugger started some trouble on the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ during a Regional at EHT and almost got us killed by some guidos on beach cruisers. 😯 No joke.

But Dave, I sorta had a reverse experience from yours: my g/f of 2+ yrs broke up with me right before a big triple pointer there. I sucked all day, but made the main somehow. I came out of the gate last but then my brain says “WTF?” and I totally bonzai’d the first straight without touching the brakes through turn 1 & 2 passing 6 guys and somehow made it stick. Came in second at the line. Yeah, the rest of the track was not much, but you didn’t mind.

CWCCRIDER

@jaylamoon wrote:

😀 This is a great response and I agree the site was headache free up until a month ago. Its easy to get fired up! so ummmm bring a friend lend em a bike and lets watch BMX grow. I know this is a touchy subject and Im sure you’ve all talked about it (clips) well if your using them what ones are the easiest to get into. the ones I have are hard tof ind the clip . someone said the tymes are easy to get on? any opinions old school guys (SORRY) is the only time they really give you an edge on the gate?

I did 2 races in clips before my little flip put me out for a while and at first I was disappointed my gates felt slower
    I think it was just a mater of getting used to them the more gates I did the better they felt. You can feel a difference in your spin

I never thought about pulling up on the back foot (I didn’t think I was pulling up at all), but last week I rode with flats and with out even thinking about it as soon as i started cranking my back foot started pulling off the pedal !!!! it was weird !!

also you can adjust the clips so you can get out of them real easy

miken1973

I raced pheonixville track home of chase diget. track was awesome. I still have the PA state series book for that year. huge tabletop for a first jump and it launched you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.