Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old We need this……..

• This topic has 2 voices and 0 replies.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

to happen more often at “our tracks” As i type i am buliding my nephew his first “bmx bike” I hope to have him and his brother racing next year.
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001236#000000

CrazyCraig

Ant –

I have been fortunate enough to race at all three NJ tracks this year, and we have been seeing more of this. Janeen even started a thread about one of the little dudes who recently gave his all just to get around the track in 5 rookie.

My son is 5, and he hasn’t raced yet, but has been on EHT and CJ. At first he gets scared of all the big hills, and is afraid he is going to blast into the air like the big dudes but then fall. But once he gets around that track a few times and gets his belief up, he gets SO excited because he did it himself without stopping.

Looking forward to seeing you out there with your nephews. I don’t have much, but I have a couple of spare parts for the smaller bikes (how old are they?). Let me know if you need help with anything. Once you start helping a new rider Ant, you will start to notice the other new riders out there as well.

I have to thank Colin Hamblin for helping my son at CJ after the qualifier. He took a sincere interest in helping my kid, although at first he did not believe my son was “only” 5. Colin actually put his own bike down and stopped praticing in order to help my son get over the jumps in the 4th and 5th straights at CJ. He showed maturity way beyond his age. Thanks for the help Colin, it meant a lot to me and my son!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.