Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old We have a major problem in NJ….

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

and that is BMX access to public skateparks.
    I know, I know why is this in the racing section?
    Because it seems I have found the most passionate, well spoken, older BMX guys here…and well most everyone is flocking here.
    I know there are only about 4 -5 public parks that are letting bikes in.
    We need to get more older, experienced, “town B.S. savvy” individuals out there convincing town councils that they should be letting kids on their bikes into those parks.
    What does this have to do with racing?
    BMX racing and jumping your bike in a ramp park are closely related when you are very young. A jump is a jump.
    By working with a town talking about BMX, letting them possibly post signs for the NBL and talking up how BMX is a positive individual but yet “family” oriented sport you will be opening new YOUNG riders to the idea of getting on the dirt jumps and racing.
    Ideas.

Anonymous

Coming from a guy who owned quite a few ramps in his day,,,,,,,,the downfall to most of the were skateboard wheels destroying ply……….Maybe the problem is that skateboarders do more monetary destruction to public property than bikes………..Therefore bmx is a non -issue…………Get out there and crack some expensive marble and voila bmx acceptence into the skatepark will be permitted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.