Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans Watch out 35+ Novice…

• This topic has 11 voices and 43 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

uh-oh. I think I got litte Davey mad. 😥

I better watch my a** on the track. 😯

RFarside

I want in on this race to 😀

bmiddaugh

Looks like october at HC is gonna be wacked the fudgubular out…

bmxlegend

hell yeah.. the old skool race is goona have more 32nds.. soo many gates of us old fuckers

CrazyCraig

I am officially going to petition the NBL to not allow Farside in the Novice class – anyone who can win the 30+ Open is waaaaaaaaay over-qualified. 😀 😀 😀

Boy – what did I start here – why do I get the feeling some elbows are coming my way on the track. 😯

Go big or go home – right? Well – now y’all know I got the big mouth – I just better be able to back it up!!

bmiddaugh

Fall Classic OS Race is an open…

bmxlegend

FLAT PEDALS AND OPEN FACE HELMETS.. last year there were geeks in ful faces.. i was disapointed by that.. stick by the rules…or stay home

CrazyCraig

Question for the day (and I put this on another thread as well – the one with the crash video link)

Coming back in – should I start in 17+ rookie – or start right in 35+ novice once I get back on a 20?

And on the subject of building the 20″ – I picked up a Redline Proline Comp pretty cheap – but mostly for the parts – the frame has a 19.5 top tube. I am watching a couple of frames on eBay – but anyone out there with a solid 21-21.5 XL Frame for cheap? American or Euro is fine either way.

RaidenHayden

Craig, I came back as an X, step it up

CrazyCraig

Update on this old thread:

I made the return on 20 inch. ANYONE who saw me race Saturday May 13th at EHT will testify that I am not ready for expert yet. Me and Frank Klimecki were bouncing off each other a little too much. 😀

The original bike plan did not work out – the Redline Comp got returned to the seller – it was a piece of junk.

I have to thank Rich Farside for his help with the f&f. (no, it’s not the Hyper). I was able to compile all my parts and build on it Wednesday May 10th and rode it the very first time Saturday at the race. This would probably explain why we only had 7 riders in 35 Novice – I don’t think anyone wanted to be next to me once they heard it was my FIRST RACE on a 20 since the Wright Bros. took flight. 😆 Just ask Jim Rempkowski who had the privilege of being next to me in lane 7 for the main. He saw my “stupid” first turn that inevitably became a wipe out. (thank God for body armor on a paved turn).

So… Be afraid… Very Afraid. I am back on a 20 inch bike. 😯

RFarside

Glad I could help out Craig.

LeadSled1

Glad I could help out Craig.

What did you do, sell him some training wheels? 😉

The 20 was very odd the first time I raced it. It takes a while to get the feel back, but when you do it makes the cruiser feel like a luxury yacht.

CrazyCraig

@LeadSled1 wrote:

What did you do, sell him some training wheels? 😉 The 20 was very odd the first time I raced it. It takes a while to get the feel back, but when you do it makes the cruiser feel like a luxury yacht.

My 5yr old son offered his old training wheels to me. Sweet kid. I could have used them.

Yer right Jess. Everytime I got on the gate with the 20 it felt like there was no bike under me until I got on the pedals. But – I had my best day on cruiser so far. What’s funny is I live in North Jersey and have ridden EHT 4 times already compared to 1 time each on HC & CJ. But – I’ll make up for that this weekend – gonna try and race all three days at the CJ Regional.

See ya there!

pjtaft

just watch out for the Blaring Oingo Boingo Music!!!

CrazyCraig

@pjtaft wrote:

just watch out for the Blaring Oingo Boingo Music!!!

Gotta find that tape! Or hit up a Tower Records to see if they got it!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.