Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… How the media and corporations are lying to you. Wal-Mart selling Nazi SS skull t-shirts

• This topic has 6 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    XMotoXchick

Taken from the blogger who broke this story.

I stopped in at Wal-Mart today after I got off work. I had to pick up a few things. As I was walking past the men’s clothing area, something caught my eye. I noticed something weird over at a wall of t-shirts. One of the t-shirts had a design on it that looked remarkably like something related to Nazis. Specifically, the Totenkopf or “Death’s Head”.

I took a picture of it with my camera phone.

The Death’s Head symbol was worn by the members of the German Nazi SS. The Totenkopf on the Wal-Mart t-shirt looks very similar to the divisional insignia of the 3rd SS Division Totenkopf. As you can see, It’s almost an exact copy.

Neo-Nazi’s sometimes use the Totenkopf image because it is not as easily identifiable as other Nazi symbols such as the swastika. You might see one of these tattooed on someone’s arm while standing in line at Burger King and think it’s just an poorly done pirate skull. It’s not.

Is Wal-Mart purposely trying to sell clothing with Nazi symbols on it? I doubt it. They wont even sell CD’s with bad words on them. I doubt someone at Wal-Mart corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas decided to sell clothing with Nazi symbols on it.

Whoever designed this shirt had to know where the skull image came from. I have no idea what the date 1978 refers to

bmiddaugh

Thanks Sammy baby!
    You know someone was designing that shirt and laughing their ass off because they knew they were slipping something past Wal-Mart.

Walmart
    Maximizing Profits At Your Expense For Over 20 Years

dunrite9

Like the Dans Comp of everyday shit!

Do you get Penn&Teller Bull shit on Showtime? interesting show on WalMart haters last week. I think they’re just upset that, they got turned down for the greeters job at the entrance.

But this weeks show on Breast was much better!!!

dunrite9

Penn =p-e-n-n That’s sooo cute!!

Can you get clip art of a pile of s-h-i-t for shit 😆

RaidenHayden

I love all the Wal-Mart bashing. Listen if they weren’t in business, many lower income people wouldn’t have the ability to get the items that are sold there, then they would be missing out on the American dream, as well as all the people that would not be employed in this country, due to them working for Wal-Mart. And I am not talking about just the people that actually work there.
    Truckers- they bring product to the store
    Dock workers- get the stuff off the ships
    Mechanics- they fix the trucks that bring the stuff
    Businesses that surround Ports where items come, they survive off the employees of the port

Answer, find someone here that can make the stuff. But with all the regs goverment puts on business, good luck, we are forcing manufatering jobs overseas

bmiddaugh

Wal-Mart is most definately one of the most vile corporations around. All the people you mentioned Bill, plus the people who slave for the smiley face would be better off working for the good ol mom and pop stores we remember as kids.
    I can’t agree with that corporations stance to drive companies almost to the brink of extinction by constantly sucking the profit out of them to put the profit into “shareholder” pockets.
    Wal-Mart helped destroy small town america.

The problem remains this $$. We have become a society that worships only the dollar and the dollar means nothing anymore, as in it is backed by nothing more than our own backs. We slave for more $ at the expense of the future.

http://www.wakeupwalmart.com/
    ~anti-walmart propoganda~

XMotoXchick

I don’t see how stating facts is bashing. I didn’t say Walmart sucks . I stated a situation that happened By a company who decides to treat people as cattle and not human beings….
    I also believe that a person should never be afraid to stand up for what is morally right. Regardless how small your numbers are in a situation it only takes one person to change the world.
    Walmart has over stepped its bounds and takes advantage of people more then it helps.

RaidenHayden

Maye you didn’t, but I see alot of people who do. Come up with the answer is all I have to say

XMotoXchick

The answer is very simple. But you have to remember the answer and the solution are two things. The answer is to Be honest and to treat people fair, and for companies to practice a ethical and moral protocol for the greater good. Walmart has taken another rout in their journey. For Walmart to practice this it would have to restructure and gut its whole enterprise. This will never happen for the simple reason the Company lives and breaths on greed and arrogance. It believes it is untouchable. and that becomes a dangerous came to play. That state of mind can very well bring its demise.

RaidenHayden

Define good and ethical. I guess we should ban anyone who sells on the internet and is hurting the mom and pop businesses. Evolution happens, businesses come and go. Look how the internet has revolutionized things, do you want to give that up? In order to go back to a way things used to be, you will have to lose all the things that have got us to this point. People will neve go for that.. Answer except change and make the best of it.

rodney

Two things people allow this shit to happen ,these companies do what they want to make money and we keep givin it and they have a GREAT bike section !!!

bmiddaugh

The problem lies soley in one place.
    We have been dependant on slave labor to keep our standard of living going. When we run out of places and people to exploit, then we will have a major problem…
    or when china decides to flood the market with all those US dollars they have sitting on tap.
    It’s a rough balance to live a life that jibes 100% with making the world a better place but those who make the most, i.e. large corporations, have the most pull. Wal-Mart relies solely on slave labor and pushing it’s ideal on people.
    In case anyone is wondering, yea we hit Wally World occasionally, I think what we’re trying to say is, why hide what you are doing? Be honest and it’s all good.
    Good and ethical is easily defined and hardly followed and …man…I hate to quote the bible stuff but…do unto others as you would have done unto you.
    The funny thing about the nazi shirts is that they never told the managers why to pull them off the shelves so some of the managers just left them there for quite awhile. It’s like..well shit man, when WE screw up we have a tendency to say…oh sheeot, sorry and try to make amends. Corporations like wal-mart know they are doing wrong and just say f-it we’ll deal with it when we get caught. It’s like wal-mart and corps like it, if they were people, well damn, they would be classified as having sever mental and emotional problems.

Anyone here feel like working for 3 cents an hour?

RaidenHayden

So we pay what, and the products we use will now cost what? That won’t ever happen, people want their cheap crap from China

bmiddaugh

people want their cheap crap from China

um, that one I can’t figure out an answer to.

XMotoXchick

Well why don’t people make a stand and tell the corps to go fuck off… I do I don’t buy in supermarkets. I shop in the health food store around the block . I also stopped shopping in Walmart when I found what a nasty corporation they are. As far as the Internet I am not as addicted as the rest of the world . Gave up EBay long time ago when I found out about the illegal animal trade from China it allows. Never used amazon but signed petitions against it when it was caught selling animal fighting videos illegally in the united states. I buy product from a company called Serve International, who only endorses fair trade for developing countries so I am not buying into slave labor.
    The problem with Americans is that they are Lazy and Selfish . They want everything cheap and easy. If they got off their asses and paid a little more for healthy food instead of that hormone, antibiotic tainted crap they call food then maybe they wouldn’t buy so much food and then the kids wouldn’t be a bunch of cardiac arrests waiting to happen. I am not a rich person and I know what it means to struggle and has worked 3 jobs at once to make ends meet. What its about is choosing to spend your money wisely. It can be done.
    So as far as low income is concerned it has nothing to do with it. I know that road very well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.