Homepage Forums Riders Committee Forum voting

• This topic has 3 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rider1

I have again reviewed the bylaws. Here is the issue as I see it. The only way to get anything done by anyone is to be an active board member with voting rights. Brett, I understand your position and your passion,however without voting power your voice will not be heard. The board has complete controll. The key to tihs whole thing is to have active board members with the same mindset. As it stands, it looks like only four pepole have voting rights. If three or four other members could be assinged to the board maybe changes could be made. It looks like each track could have two members to the board,that could be three more members. Also this issue of reviewing the budget at the meetings. Article iv section h line 4 has a provision to review the financial reports. Whoever said that part should be skipped needs to learn proper meeting procedure. This is standard procedure at any board meeting. What really bothers me is the lack of knoweldge of how to properly run this board. Any member should know that the financials should be reviewed at all meetings. NJBMX is like any other corporation, all the rules aply all the time. So Brett see what can be done on getting some new members.

Rich

bmiddaugh

Rich,
    From what I have seen at these meetings, procedure is never followed.
    A nominating committee was to bring forth potential candidate(s) for asst state commissioner at the regular november meeting.
    That was never done.
    The elections were held without ever formally counting heads and reaching a quorum.
    The fact that treasurer was up for election this year was never posted anywhere.
    Also, as per the by-laws, if a position becomes available through a resignation, etc, that position is to have an election ASAP. That never occurred for Scott’s position as commissioner.
    The by-laws, and help me out here if I’m reading this wrong are worded as to only needing a 51% majority to hold a meeting.
    Now from what I understand according the by-laws the voting board is:
    asst. commish
    treasurer
    secretary
    2 reps from each track.
    For a total of 9 with commisioner standing as tie breaker.
    In effect a meeting could be run and quorum attained without ever having any of the officers of the board at the meeting.
    Am I correct?
    This is why we are pushing so hard on fillippone not being elected properly as the man is a definate impedant to the forward progress of NJ BMX. If he becomes asst state commissioner AND HC track director.
    Our goals will be for lack of better term,
    screwed.

RaidenHayden

HCBMX members will be probably Matt, and his wife, or Loren
    Basically Rich is right unless we get members with a similar mindset, we are beat.
    After hearing Filipone at the meeting, and his idea to get maybe five riders, through extorting a track that wishes to be a memeber of our series, we are in trouble

bmiddaugh

ya see, you guys forget that NJ BMX now has the media on their ass.

If you don’t wanna follow your own rules, then you may want to rethink what you are doing.
    Would be a bitch if I just started posting on the front of the site how by-law procedure is not followed.

RaidenHayden

I think for all intense purposes, the next two years aregoing to be spent banging our heads against the wall, watching what was once one of the greatest states in BMX, fall completely apart!!!!!!!

RaidenHayden

Matt was pissed that they asked him, but didn’t tell him the alternative, almost as if they knew he would gladly do it, if it meant keeping Filipone out!!!! Morgan seems to think Filipone is way over his head, NO ya think

bmiddaugh

I shall endeavor to not have that happen.
    Now or never man.

RaidenHayden

Think about this, they are having the meeting at the incline club, could be because they feel they have the home turf advantage, as it is the Cranmers building

rider1

I dont think it really matters where the meeting is, the board could meet on the moon and they would have the same power. Bottom line is more members with the same goal. That is the only way I see change happening. Having a meeting next week is still a good idea, but without voting power no change will happen. I am not sure but I think the board is happy with the way it is, otherwise change would have happened long ago.Hopefully I am wrong, with Brett, Rich and some others on the board NJ can be cutting edge. Lets see…………

Rich

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.