Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Volunteerism.

• This topic has 1 voice and 1 reply.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

As most of us know racing is handled, run and done in NJ by a 100% volunteer force.
    I.E.: they DO NOT get paid to do it…at least not all the very good people that I have met at the races in the past year and 1/2.
    We seem to have run into a very heated debate yesterday on “that jump at CJ”.
    Now I’d like to propose a question, how many of us have been there to help out and lend a hand to get things done properly?
    Yes, I know a few of you were there from the beginning and were sort of “overruled” by other racers. But how many of us kept coming back week after week and day after day to speak to people, to talk things up and to help out over and above the “jump”, I know it’s not too many.
    I got an email from a person whom I respect very much over there at CJ this morning and they were a little distraught over all the B.S. going down yesterday and seeing that most of the people throwing down never lend a hand anywhere they were a little upset.
    BMX racing is dead in NJ.
    We had 83 riders at the OPENING DAY of the biggest track in NJ. As I stated yesterday, 1 35 & over novice at the track isn’t going to make a dent in returning racing to it’s glory days only cooperation and working together will get things done, I am really going to split my time this year between doing demos to pull in new riders and doing my best to promote CJ as THE track in NJ.
    There is a core group of people who get things done at CJ and quite frankly that group needs to grow.
    83 people man, and we are here arguing over a “jump”.

I don’t know if I’m crazy or not, but I actually did a lot of tossing and turning about this last night. I kept saying to myself, I want to make a positive impact here and I’m turning posts into rants about beer parties…
    I’m not a parent but if my kid went to a site about BMX in NJ and read a few of these posts I’d never let him race.
    I’m thinking about changing the format of the forums here and calming things down.
    Positive impact, we already have ride magazine and chaotic parks to promote BMX as it is now.
    We need to promote it as it should be. Looks like I may have to go lone wolf here…and I can already hear all you guys playing your little violins for me…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Volunteerism.’ is closed to new replies.