Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Vintage BMX.com Pro Money Thread…

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

You guys should check this out…
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000385;p=1
    I read this post and I just started fuming for some reason…
    Was I too harsh with these comments?
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000385&p=4#000052

bigtimber

@bmiddaugh wrote:

You guys should check this out…
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000385;p=1
    I read this post and I just started fuming for some reason…
    Was I too harsh with these comments?
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?u ➡ 8) 8) bArgh! et_topic&f=20&t=000385&p=4#000052

hey bret, 30G’s should be at every elite race. The purse should be raised for the big a races too. I think Its time for racers to make just as much money as dirt jumpers and freestylers do. after all these are all takeoffs of racing.

bmiddaugh

Then they divide it up between like 6 pro classes and 30,000 turns into diddley…
    1 class, 30g, TV coverage, big jumps.
    hello good marketing.
    you’re right though, should be that way at every event for those guys!

BIGANT-DOG

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaidenHayden

I liked the non-profit thing. When you think of non-profit, you think of relief funds for something, does the NBL do that and we are not aware. Hoenstly if you think the empoyeees are doing it for free you are nuts. At the local level definitly, officilsat Nats. But you can’t tell me Bob T doesn’t make a decent living, after all he is the CEO of the second largest sanctioning body.

LeadSled1

All non-profit means is that after the year is over there can not be any money left over in the books. Thus as long as all of the income is spent on salaries, equipment and costs and there is $0 left over you are non-profit.

Most people don’t realize that non-profits make $$$$$.

bmiddaugh

But it sounds so nice…and when you add the tag line…
    It’s all about the kids…
    Well then you got muh money! uh huh

RaidenHayden

Yeah I reaalize that but like Brett says, itsounds nice, makes me think we are going to build house for the homeless. Wow lets go build legend a house this weekend. I just hear that on a local level from some track operators. Like the guys in the ABA are making a ton of money running a local track, Ok sure. I guess that ‘s why I’m working on getting an ABA track up this way

bmiddaugh

????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigtimber

@bmiddaugh wrote:

????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink Lets face it. if these pros didn’t have factory sponsorships the money that they would be making would cover their expenses. Then were would they be making a living and paying the normal living expenses. I’ve been ticked off for years at the marketing of bmxracing. The bike companies year ago were able to send their riders all over to every nathional by flying and going on tour in the summer spending a hefty knot. Because they where all making the money to have a big teams because the sport was ding so well. Know the sport has almost no tv coverage. In 83 espn had the pro spectacular. in the 90’s the road to glory series which they would showcase some of the amature classes. now there is nothing but the uci supercross on the dew tour.
    thanks for starting this site. now I can vent my frustrations and ideas.

bmiddaugh

2 racing stops on the Dew Tour this year is what I hear on the grapevine.
    isn’t it wierd how racing lags behind freestyle in coverage, but yet racing came first….
    I blame the sanctions, sorry, thats my thing, they are in the way, they’ve lost focus. Every big race has to go through aba, or nbl,uci…it’s not working to get us the eyeballs we need.
    Anyway…I hope we do more than just vent here, we need to start making a difference.
    All of us, T.O.’s, riders, racers…we sit here and grumble and yet don’t have the goombas to get together and do something…
    We gotta change that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.