Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Upping the ante, no clips in 2008.

• This topic has 11 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Ok guys, since everyone has been having fun with the Pro-Am this year.
    Who would be down to run the whole series on flat pedals?
    I know Legend’s answer, but this is a serious question I am posing to the guys who are spending their hard earned sheckles and risking their necks.

We might be able to bring in more sponsors (shoes) and we could promote it even more heavily as an “out of the ordinary” pro-am series.

Please don’t argue about clips, just yay or naying it is cool enough.

s4lnj

although i only ran one so far– i plan on entering a couple more– training hard and hitting the whole series next year–

and i run flats anyway

CrazyCraig

Ditto

BIGANT-DOG

We might be able to bring in more sponsors (shoes) and we could promote it even more heavily as an “out of the ordinary” pro-am series.

nuff said.

njracer

I like the idea. Anyone contacted DC yet? They already have an alliance with SE on the old school tip. Lets hear from the guys who race the series. Farside? Fast Phil? Knapper?

4130forlife

im going to stay silent on this topic because we all know how i feel about clips

bmxer901

Even though I love my clips, I think the pro am should be flats only. Everyone always talks about how the clips give an advantage over flats. Well why not elimanate the clips and make it alittle more of a challange for some.

4130forlife

EXACTLY!!!!!

Macdaddy

HA HA HA HA — IT ONLY TOOK 7 POSTS TO TURN INTO A “I HATE CLIPS ” THREAD

4130forlife

mike are you camping out?

sickryder83

I jump better and race almost as fast on flats, but i like racing with clips better. I think a seperate series would be cool. I don’t think the hyper series should be no-clips though. I think that it would deter some people that don’t feel comfortable with riding flats, and ultimatly make it have a smaller turnout.

pabmxrcr708

I don’t care

clips or flats

i like racing with clips i dont use flats alot

but i would race the series with flats next year

either way idc

pabmxrcr708

but what about doing something about the cost for Am’s

about the money like get a discount for ams to race

its like a national for ams

20 dollars for class
    20 dollars for pro/am

thats 40dollars cost 50 dollars for a national

we should have a discount with class if we race pro/am???

RaidenHayden

Tim, if you were a pro then it would only be $20, and is something that should have been changed. Unfortunately, it seems that the state board, or I should say ceertain members are set in their ways. With all that has been done, I thought the counts would be higher already. I think a few of them need to not interfere and let some real changes be made!!!!! As far as the clips, I was worried about jumping with them, nut I like them for that too!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.