• This topic has 7 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

3….

bmiddaugh

2….

bmiddaugh

1….

pjtaft

come on already,… get to it!!

bmiddaugh

The UBMXRC will be an attempt to bridge the gap between those in charge of racing and those who race.
    There were several situations that arose this spring in NJ that could have been better handled if the riders had put forth a unified voice instead of just going “lone gun” on things.
    Cooperation is the only way to ever get things done.
    Our mission statement is below. Over time it will grow and change as BMX changes. In no way should what we are about to attempt to do be misconstrued as anything other than fostering ideas about how to make BMX racing as big if not bigger than BMX freestyle.
    There are many creative, intelligent minds in the sport in NJ and they will be tapped to do as much as possible to make things better. Our eventual goal is to effect major change to the sport on a national level but that is in the future and will require us to grow way beyond a group of people from NJ. Feel free to respond to the mission statement below, we are looking at 2006 as the year we get together and 2007 as when we move more fully along the path of getting things done.

As a final note, I would like to say thank you to Janeen.
    She has come on the site, right from the beginning and always answered racers questions and problems. I’m hoping by what we are about to attempt to do, that it impresses upon people like Janeen that there are riders and racers out there who will stick with the sport and help as much as possible to do what has to be done for BMX.

Now let’s all get to work, the Olympics are in 2008 and we have to open BMX racing to as many eyes as we possibly can. Then it will be up to NBC, the NBL and UCI and their coverage of BMX in the Olympics to do what they can to promote the sport….and if they don’t….well then I guess we’ll just have to take over.

bmiddaugh

Mission Statement

The UBMXRC has been established to give the most important people in Bicycle Moto Cross racing aka BMX, a voice to put forth their ideas and opinions in a clear and concise manner. These people are the riders themselves. In doing so, we hope to effect positive change in the marketing and management of BMX in general. The UBMXRC is comprised of both, professional riders along with veteran riders and we welcome input from all sources, such as track operators, parents, and volunteers. It will be the sole responsibility of the UBMXRC to put forth all ideas and goals of our organization.
    Set forth below is the beginning of what the UBMXRC hopes to accomplish in their drive to make BMX the publicly recognized and revered sport-lifestyle it should be.

Overall Goals
    • BMX should be recognized as an adult activity as well as its current kid’s only marketability.
    • By changing how BMX is marketed you will expand the base of rider involvement and break the cyclic nature of riders leaving at a certain age.

Local Goals
    • Beginner programs shall be improved to promote BMX at the local level.
    • Beginners shall have a more clearly defined, time definite, as well as award only, path to move to the novice level.
    • Local tracks shall be made more new rider and/or parent friendly, not in so much as track design itself but more in having a clearly defined beginner area for information.
    • Older expert level riders shall be given a chance at different incentives to stay actively involved in the local scene, i.e. scholarships, and “pursesâ€ÂÂ￾.
    • A local level “marketing planâ€ÂÂ￾ shall be designed and implemented, i.e.: newspaper write-ups, cable access shows, safety and riding demos at local events and schools, and a local business “outreachâ€ÂÂ￾ program.
    • Implementation of a program to effectively utilize the local track builders to make yearly track changes easier.

National Goals
    • Performance enhancing hardware, i.e. clip pedals, shall be regulated so that the proper classes of riders are using them. Barring this change a decision should be made on whether or not to allow clips at any level.
    • A more manageable and marketable amount of National level races should be implemented to allow for a more “truly competitiveâ€ÂÂ￾ field of riders to be present at an event.
    • National level events shall be Novice, Expert and Pro level only.
    • National awards shall only be given on an Expert and Pro level.
    • Professional and Expert level riders at the National level should be racing on National level tracks designed for the event.
    • Pro riders should be treated as such and be showcased in a proper manner.
    • Pro riders concerns should be listened to and utilized to effectively promote the sport.
    • Pro classes will be recognized cross sanction, i.e.: A Pro, B Pro, and Masters. Current pro rankings are confusing and only lead to more confusion by people outside of BMX.

International Goals
    • The UBMXRC will gladly consult with International Level Event Organizers in an effort to effectively promote the sport.

BMX was started by and continues to be pushed to its limits by the riders. No marketing, sanctioning organization or event has made BMX into the incredible draw that it is today at all “extremeâ€ÂÂ￾ contests. The BMX riders themselves have done this for the love of the sport. As such, it is time that these riders are now given direct access to communicate and work with all those in charge of BMX related activities.
    The UBMXRC shall endeavor to choose a group of individuals who through their experience, knowledge, wisdom and love for the sport of BMX truly represent most riders and will attempt to move the sport forward in the best interest of all BMX riders.
    With these goals and others yet to come, the UBMXRC shall grow BMX beyond what it has ever been before while still keeping the true grassroots, core feel of a sport that has always been all about those who compete in it.

UBMXRC

“By the riders, for the ridersâ€ÂÂ￾

bmiddaugh

For those of us who would like to show off what we are doing.
    http://www.cafepress.com/bs_netstuff.34006168
    (and no, this isn’t about selling a stupid shirt)

I’ll have stickers to give out to everyone in a month or two that will, as usual, be given away.

All change begins with an idea and a why not attitude.

Proposed ammendment 1: All tracks(NJ first, obviously) shall have lanes clearly painted on starting hills. 😡 Dont ask me why this is important!
    Loren

bmiddaugh

I’m going to put all this on the front page of the site…and a little extra.
    There will also be the date for our first impromptu meeting.

pjtaft

do you have the domain secured and all that?

bmxlegend

i am VERY ewcited to help out with this..i hope i can contribute

RaidenHayden

You can be the beer gopher 😆

bmxlegend

bill, you just might be nuts

haha

RaidenHayden

Dave, you are just figuring this out Sherlock,

CrazyCraig

@guinnessextreme wrote:

Proposed ammendment 1: All tracks(NJ first, obviously) shall have lanes clearly painted on starting hills. 😡 Dont ask me why this is important!
    Loren

Loren – I know exactly why this is important. That guy couldn’t ride a straight line if his life depended on it. I think Pawson after a 30pk of PBR could ride straighter then him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.