Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans tricky pedals

• This topic has 8 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey guys just wondering if anybody has anymore input on clipping in, Ive recently come back and these pedals seem a little scary. is it true u can go much faster with them?

Brian

RFarside

Brian
    Scary yes. Can you go faster yes and no.

If you see me at the next race ask me about this and I can better explain in person then trying to tell you here.

Rich

Anonymous

cool, thanks.

rideodybmx

im a real noob to clips lol
    i just got them and today was my first race with them , they are a pretty big difference from flats, but i think most of it is a mental thing, once you get used to them im sure there fins, and do help you out with power in your straights and such

DigetyelaD

i have a little input on some clips if your a rookie dont bother clipping in start at learning some basic bike skills balincing gates manuals if your novice still let it go if your doing well in your class dont bother .if your in expert and your getting pulled down the fisrt striaght try them ride them on the street for a while then get used to them on a couple practices then try racing. i run clips but i really dont like them at all they take the fun out of bmx. basicly clips let you push down with one foot while pulling up with the other giving you more power than just pushig down on your pedals. it does take some time before you really get full benifit of clips. you will notice quicker gates and coming out of turns much faster most people ive come acroos run them because every else does and at a national level you dont want any one else to have that advantage .flats are more fun do sum sprints for a month and you will see a big differnce.maybe some day thell ban them but i doubht it to much money and politics invoved.when your on the gate and every one is clipped in and your getting smoked then maybe bite the bullet. unless you just have mad speed and can beet the people that are clipped in that is really the best could luck with your decision talk to rich he ha stons of experence this is only my opion talk to some other people

RaidenHayden

Flats Rule 😆

bmiddaugh

Hi…
    I am currently on my hands and knees praying that this does not turn into a clips, no clips thread.
    Our father who might be clipped in, please keep those who are not clipped in from bringing about the pedal apocalypse.
    Amen.

RaidenHayden

Skills=Flats Flats=Skills
    Clip are for coa- coa-puffs

bmxlegend

flat pedals for LIFE

rideodybmx

clips are good for those who know how to use them, but at the same time can be bad for others
    flats are great park/street/flatland and for beginnners racing they are ok unless ur in a big race and all of the other ppl on your gate are going pop into thier pedals, then you might want to think about them to catch up

Anonymous

Thanks guys, all the input was good ill see what happens,lol

LeadSled1

@RaidenHayden wrote:

Skills=Flats Flats=Skills
    Clip are for coa- coa-puffs

1st = win
    2nd = 1st loser

😆

CWCCRIDER

live to ride—ride to live 8)

RaidenHayden

Jess, Iknow there must be some meaning to that, I jsut haven’t figured it out yet!!

LeadSled1

Chromo or Aluminum, clipless or flats, open face or full face, he who crosses the finishline first wins. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.