• This topic has 4 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rider1

Everthing is going along well, and I think we made some good progress on Sunday. Just a thought,not bagging on anyone, not putting down anyone, but if we are going to get this thing to the next leval maybe we should look at the tracks as well. After all, we want to provide the best service possible. Between us we have all we need. Rich andBill and Dale can drive any machine, and all of us know what makes a great track. Because as you know, the kids want something fun and challenging. Lets get some ideas. For the record I most likley will not ride a BMX bike again, so this is NOT for me personally. Maybe nobody cares that is ok just a thought.

Rich

RaidenHayden

Look at HCBMX, I always wanted to make that like Southpark, flowing dubs, that if you didn’t clear’em you’d survive, but big enough to be challenging. CJ looks good, can’t speak for EHT, fingers crossed, but HC is now the one in biggest need. However, things for next season there look good!!!! I jsut need Matt, to get me a big machine for one day

RaidenHayden

Let me add, all I would work on there owuld be the step going into the third turn, and tweak the fourth straight, already have machine I think for next year

bmiddaugh

Rich,
    Do you think that once we get this one grant done and prove that it can actually be handled in a reasonable fashion we should then attempt to deal with the individual tracks.

I think that I can be honest in saying there is at least 1 track in NJ that needs a decent pa system. Flemington needs to have it’s drainage problem fixed, Matt showed me the pictures from last year, holy shit, it’s amazing what happens to that place during a bad storm.

rider1

I dont think the question is can we work with the tracks? but we need to work with the tracks. That is the only way this can work. The program must be complete, good tracks,good awards, good promo, everthing. Why have a great program, at a sub par track? The whole event must be good.

Rich

bmiddaugh

I was talking to Chris Vliet yesterday and he knows we are attempting to bring money into the organization.
    I could hear Linda talking through him.
    “Instead of getting a pa system for the state series and NJ events, why not put the money into revamping all the pa systems at the tracks”
    “There is no reason why the money can’t be brought into the state and then used with as they see fit, split it up between the tracks.”

I told him flat out, no, that is not the way it works, nor is that how it will work. We have specific items allotted for this donation and we have to make sure that we come through on that.

What would make it possible to get something to EHT for them to get a new pa? I would love to be able to open those books.

I was looking at the 501c3 code yesterday and it says that any monies paid to people in the organization must have all taxes taken out.

I am still awaiting the estimate for promotional literature and the existence of the letter of determination.

RaidenHayden

Rich summed it up, we need to make these events, and why give money to a place like EHT, until we know where it all goes. The Pa for the series is the way to go> Yeah lets give eveybody an equal share, so that one track may not use it in the best interest of the riders. Vleit has , for lack of a better term, gone over to the dark side

rider1

Taxes paid by a 501c3 are really small, really its just a filling fee. Dont worry about that. But if the tracks want to share any grant any foundation gives them,then they have to show where the money is going. What do they think, get money do whatever and not have account for it? Yea right, that is going to happen. Again NJBMX has to come up with the proposal, outline the purpose, itemize the expences, then submit it. Remember NJBMX has the 501 status, its gets the money, then gives it to the tracks for the purposes outlined.NJBMNX writes all the checks.

Rich

bmiddaugh

As soon as I get past this freaking cold I have and my mind isn’t a marshmallow, I’ll finish off Bill’s proposal and the purpose of the grant. I should have the literature estimate soon and Dave’s stuff is just a matter of email. Then we’ll get the estimate of 07 awards at the jan meeting and call for another meeting in feb.

RaidenHayden

TWO WEEKS is what it took to get through that cold for me

rider1

This is what i’ve been talking about. NJBMX as a company is a mess,yet they want money to split for all te tracks. How would they know what to do with it? These guys cant follow simple by-laws. I knew this was going to happen. I am starting to think I should just go away and ride my road bike and try to remember the good old days.

Rich

CrazyCraig

Rich, that is just one guy saying that, and personally, knowing Chris, it was probably just a gut reaction not knowing all the facts, etc. I think if I were running one of the tracks and heard some money was coming in, I’d probably say something like that too. Yeah, Chris hasnt posted much here lately, but lets not judge him too quickly. He’s a good guy and the fact he is asst track director at EHT is a good thing, maybe he’ll take over after Les moves on, if that ever happens.

RaidenHayden

I remember when you thought Janeen was good too!!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

The facts are that we are acquiring the money for
    a pa system
    promotional material
    and the state awards….

now if they want to use THEIR money that should NOW be left over to revamp track equipment so be it.

Cooler heads must be prevail, this is not Rich alone, nor Bill alone, or Farside alone, or myself alone.
    This is a group of INTELLIGENT, headstrong, MEN, who KNOW what to do.
    What you heard there is the last gasps of the death throes of the old eht days.

Do not give up, it is either the right way (ours), or the destruction of NJ BMX throught their own hands.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.