Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old This was the point of my off topic post …

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

bmxer901 wrote:
    ….. Which is b.s. they charge that much money and for what. Especially to charge a $15 late fee if you wanna register the day before the event. They must really be loving the high class rooms they stay at when they get to travel the country at no cost just to act important.

Nobody forced you to go, you knew the price and the extra charge before you went, so there is no reason to complain.

I keep seeing this trend of racers who say something sucks, then do it anyway. It’s sorta like when someone smells something, makes that “oh my god this stuff stinks look” and then says to you, “hey, smell this”. Do you take a whiff or just say no thanks man.

I’m not picking on Carl here but this is an observation I’ve made.

4130forlife

yeah we all bitch and complain and yet we seem to go to the races anyways..now i go to nationals for the fun atmosphere..nbl doesnt get my money for nationals any longer

bmiddaugh

actually by doing that Dave you are protesting the way things are done.

4130forlife

do explain please.. maybe im stupid or just tired

bmiddaugh

You do not race nationals thereby not giving your $$ to those you believe aren’t doing things right.
    You have, in effect put your money where your mouth is.
    It’s like when you come to CJ and race, you are saying, what you guys are doing is cool because I am willing to give you my hard earned scheckles.

LeadSled1

A lot of people where in the dark when they arrived at this race. They were told at the last minute that if they only had 2 races in out of the 3 that riders with less points, but 3 races would be placed ahead of them for qualifying spots so they would have to qualify at the championships. They were then not told about the extra $15 fee to register at the track until they got there. They were then told that they did not have to have the 3 races in so they had traveled all that way for nothing and had to pay an extra $15 if they wanted to race that day since they were already there.

Add on top of that the Championship Elite Masters class. They are supposed to be a full medal Championship class with the rainbow jersey and medals. Those guys went to all the qualifiers to try and get qualled. Well as of last weekend it is now just another Challenge class. No money, no jersey and no medal. But thank you for your $150 license and $150 registration fee.

This was about as organized as last years UCI races for challenge classes.

bmxer901

This is the main reason why I dont even really race anymore. I did almost no races this year. The prices keep getting higher and higher and unless if your on the inside of the nbl you suffer. Trust me if there was an alternative I would be going for it. It just seems like they dont care about the riders just their money. Thats why ive saved over $3,000 so far this season by not racing. So instead I took that money and put it into my truck, now I have somthing to show for the money I put out. Instead of cheaply made # plates.

s4lnj

race locals– start a track– build some trails– take that $3000 and start a bike company that pushes racing in a diff dirrection.

just some thaughts

dave

bmxer901

Ive done it all except starting my own track. I used to live bmx 24/7, but anymore the more im away from it the more things come to me about what can be done to make it better. Being a racer from my start in bmx I didn’t always see the little things that hurt the sport. After beeing threatened at 2 NBL Nationals in a row and getting injured in both, I decided to sit on the side lines for a while. Its pretty bad when you confront the head officials about beeing threatened and then just look at you and giggle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.