Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old This is the reason we are doing this Pro-Am thing.

• This topic has 8 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

And everyone better listen up on this.
    Yea, sure it gives the older guys a reason to stick around, it’s fun, looks cool…all the stuff we know already.
    But here is where it matters.

When Cave was putting on the music for the main, these 3 little dudes roll up next to me near the starting hill. Everytime Cave would crank the music, these kids would start bopping about and getting all into it. I kept my eye on them as the main went down and when it was over I thought, maybe I should ask these kids some questions.
    I said hey dudes, what did you think of that?
    Their answer? That was awesome.
    What do you think of those guys?
    Their great! Phil’s on my team, he’s the best!
    “You wanna be like Phil when ya get older?”
    Yea!

Ya see that’s it, that’s all we wanna do, give the kids some heros, give them some goals, make em realize what they are doing is something special and yea if you work hard you can be as good as “those guys” some day.

That’s what you’re doing, Cave, Rich, Rich, Scott, Vinnie, and yea Hayden too, because if Bill didn’t go and grab the P.A. today it would have been a step back. You’re all making a stand and showing people how it’s done.

Thanks, from one of those little kids who grew up looking at their heroes and saying I want to be like them.

The game is on.
    And remember, I’m doing the Snoopy happy dance….so KEEP WONDERING..
    HA!

njracer

As an older guy I can say Phil is on my team and he is the best. Dis you see the leads he had all day? It was awesome. As for Caveman, I would like to say thanks and good luck as he annouced today was his last day of BMX. And also it was good to see Hayden at a race again. I didn’t mean to hijack this thread so I will get back to it. That is the reason for the Pro-Am Brett. I totally agree and it is cool to see the kids get into it like at a national when the pro are on the gate. -Gulich

bmxmom156

maybe the only thing to add to the race is a pro roll out before the main..they do it in ct at all their “warrier pro/am series races”.

the little guys can get a good look at whos in the main. makes it kind of special…

4130forlife

phil is mad good… and its good to see he still wants to race silly local races.. even if its for some little money compared to what he is getting use to making every weekend

RaidenHayden

This is what the kids need, a feeling that this IS an event!!!! This IS why last Jan/Feb, when the PA thing came up, I was for it!!!!! To have it sitting there in plain sight, and not going to be used was a waste of a useful tool. That was a donation FOR the RIDERS, which is why we are here, or at least supposed to be here. Just gotta go now, need to leave for Cavemans house to kidnap him for tomorrow! Later the Bill-Dozer

bmiddaugh

Debbie’s right, that should be done. We did it at the first one at EHT.
    Strangely enough we still feel rushed doing these, but we need to get out of this habit and just do it like we know it should be done.
    We’re just getting started.

Snoopy m-f-ing happy dance, MUGS.

njracer

Alright, I’ll take the bait Brett. What is with the Snoopy Happy Dance?

BIGANT-DOG

Well for the record i did have blast today, btw went to a freestyle contest later and (brett back me up on this) The vibe there is really different. No arguments about clips- THIS WAS ABOUT THE RIDERS. Something bmxracing is supposed to be about. 😥

RaidenHayden

Dude I tried to get it out of him, but he won’t talk. I think its the dance he does when he is listening to the BeeGees, driving around with the 8-track blaring in the PT cruiser

bmiddaugh

You’ll all just have to wait and see.

BIGANT-DOG

BUt it seems racing is no longer about us(for now 😈 ) It is about people who want to have a say in what we do. How many of these so called rulemakers have busted their ass on a track?

Hey the freestylers got their shit together, we better do the same thing. At thiscontest it was nuthin but love.

BIGANT-DOG

Hell i rode flatland in a parking lot tonight just because of the good vibes from the contest. BUt after a bmx race i don’t wanna ride my bike at all. 😕

bmiddaugh

Guys, don’t sweat it, more change is coming.
    Oh yea, oh yea.

You all need to follow Bill’s lead.
    If something is about to be done wrong, you just go and do it right.
    Sorta how Mulhern, Smith and Transue just went and fixed the track, they didn’t question themselves, they just did it.

LOL, which is what Ant-Dog is talking about, freestylers don’t questions themselves, they don’t sweat whether or not it can be done. They say, this needs doing and they do it.

If you’re doing the right thing who in their RIGHT MIND would ever try to stop you?

The guys that are wanting to make this all change are starting to really pop up out there. It’s really cool to see it happening. I would like to see Mulhern and Danny with officials licenses. Wouldn’t you guys?

tpbmxtd

@bmiddaugh wrote:

And everyone better listen up on this.
    Yea, sure it gives the older guys a reason to stick around, it’s fun, looks cool…all the stuff we know already.
    But here is where it matters.

When Cave was putting on the music for the main, these 3 little dudes roll up next to me near the starting hill. Everytime Cave would crank the music, these kids would start bopping about and getting all into it.

This was one of the main reasons when we pushed to get the Pro/Am series going. We knew it would be good for the older riders, but it would give the younger riders a chance to see some good racing and know that if they stick with the sport and train that they could one day be out there.

The results so far from the Pro/Am series has been great. The racing has been great and the sportsmanship these guys show should be an example for all the younger riders. From the youngest rider, Jeremy Knapper, to the oldest, Rich Farside, everyone of them have been great.

And when Dave announces the Pro/Am he makes you feel like your at the biggest race of the year. Thanks….

bmiddaugh

Dave…
    Whimper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.