Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. This is for the 30 and over crowd

• This topic has 6 voices and 37 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Saw this on another site, Hell i could not believe my eyes!!!!!!!

http://radicalrick.net/

rodney

Time to update. someone make a new cartoon

bmiddaugh

never was a fan of RR

adamguild

Maybe you could sell it to the idiot who bought the RL22 FOR $6,100…………………

BIGANT-DOG

Hey adam I know the seller and to someone that bike was worth it. You have to look at it from a collector’s point of view. It is like a rare baseball card or an original muscle car. Add to the fact that it was the actual bike unchanged from rad, and it sells for that much. But i gotta agree no way i would pay that much for it. (btw i did see that bike in person and it iskind of surreal to see that bike upclose.)

bmiddaugh

Appreciate the past, but live in the now.

adamguild

Collector or not…..rl22 is not worth 6,000 bucks…..RL was not that great of rider and ther is nothing special about the bike……The only reason RL was even known was because of his Dad running Wizrd Publications…..Noticed what happened to RL after his dad gave up on BMX………

adamguild

There must be 1000 actual bikes from RAD………………..It is amazing after all these years that the wool is still pulled over peoples eyes……..Was a backflip done on this bike in Rad??????NO………

BIGANT-DOG

Some people would argue that but(not me i ain’t starting with you) But He was one of the originals And yes there were ALOT of bikes in rad, but what it comes down too is some people are collectors and to a collector that is their “holy grail”,kinda like the gold trick star.

adamguild

To each his own.I was and am a rider…The bikes are tools of the trade to me…..To me it is people like these collectors that ruin BMX. And there really is nothing to argue………RL,Woody and Martin where kings of hopping tricks…..once the real riders got coverage.the truth was revealed…

Remember I came from that early generation of Freestyle…………..

adamguild

Holy Grail to me is parts that dont break…………

adamguild

RL was also not one of the originals………………………………check your facts…..

BIGANT-DOG

When i say originals i mean one of the first to blow up . Yeah he crashed and burned but to alot of people he was el cid, Hell people will pay 3,000 dollars for crappy areospeeds, why i do not know. But they do. Oh and i do agree about the truth being revealed. But they were good for the time period. I can’t lie I saw martin bust the no handed miami hop hop And i shit a brick. by today’s standard’s it is a poser trick, but back then it was considerd a major thing. Btw I am not arguuing with you 😐 Thisisjust how alot of the collectors think. Hell I am a collector too. only differecne is i ride and abuse what i collect. Hell when i get anither trickstar,(yes i love that bike) i will ride it and not let it sit.

RaidenHayden

Scam, inflated prices, waste of time. I need stuff that works. Not going to pay money to look at something I won’t ride. Ant you know they are bidding that stuff way up, more than it is worth!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

Oh bill i know believe me, but that is the way of the collector, But i will say there are some who do it for the love of the sport, Brian P for example, He truly loves all the bikes he has and has helped me out a bunch of times.But there are some wackos out there. I hada guy email me about the rims for sale.Said he had to check his catalogs to see if they were right for his builds. 2 days later he did not want them. So i know there are some dickheads out there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.