• This topic has 4 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

The USA has made a formal declaration of war once.
    In 1941.

If the media could please stop calling the what is going on in Iraq a “war” and call it what it is,

An, AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE AGAINST IRAQ RESOLUTION OF 2002.

You see your buddies the politicians, (read, those whose have the corporations hands in their pockets) don’t have the balls to call it a war.

We are in effect, once again involved in a police action. Politicians, I take it, do not like to “learn from the past”.

It’s all good though, the kids will pay the real price of all this.
    Sadly, they are paying right now.

adamguild

When we are losing we usually dont call it a war

Exhibit A: North Korea
    Exhibit B: Vietnam
    Exhibit C: Iraq

4130forlife

its a clusterfukc

RaidenHayden

First, the US military doesn’t do police actions well. That can’t be disproven as we have failed in EVERY instance, the so-called war on DRUGS, yep another loser. Why, because the politicains who run these, have no clue what really needs to be done, no matter how many times you tell them what needs to be done. Yes, I know Iraq is not a liked conflict, but like when the Russians pulled out of Afganistan, it gave Al-Queda a statging ground, for the worst attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor. Imagine if we go now and they get their hands on all the oil build new and creative ways to kill us.
    This is what wil happen as in other instances, we will leave losers, the people have lost their will here. But we will be back, like in every other recent incursion (Bosnia, Somolia, to name a few), under the flag of the UN, who aside from being completely corrupt, have the abilty to really screw things up.
    So the lesson for today is the term SNAFU, in military speak
    Situation Normal All F-u-c-k-e-d Up. We are at that point now

adamguild

I like FUBAR as well

F-U-C-K-E-D
    UP
    BEYOND
    ALL
    RECOGNITION

Also remember that although true about one of the worst terrorist attacks on U.S soil WHOEVER really did those attacks used Property of the United States to do so..We as a country need to concentrate on protecting our own interests and helping our own people. I am sick and tired of seeing well known American people promoting help Darfur,adopting kids from China and Africa and so on.. There are enough people in the United States who really need help and unfortunately we are just turning a blind eye to them……

RaidenHayden

My boss and I were going off about that, I worked four weeks of nights in Morristown, man they have homeless people that look like they need hepl as much as someone in Darfur, and THEY AMERICAN. But at the end of the day it is some politician, who probably never saw an American homeless person, or if they did, they really could care less, who signs a bill that sends aid to one of these countries, that makes themselves (the politicians) feel really good about themselves.
    As far as FUBAR, that will be another lesson, hopefully we don’t see it again(blackhawk down Somalia)

adamguild

Also check under the rt 46 bridge in Dover… There is a large homeless population under there….

RaidenHayden

Yeah I know, we get told to move them out everyonce and a while, I wonder where they will go when we redo the bridge.

adamguild

Hedden Park or maybe grace the streets of Wharton….lol… I know St Claires Hospital helps them out in the colder months…

bmiddaugh

I would just like to hear the words, “The Iraq Police Action” from the media oultets, just so people understand the difference.
    We can’t pull out, if we do then it will be chaos of even greater proportions.
    I would also like the f-ing “media” to occasionally tell us some of the good things that the forces in Iraq are doing, because I know they are but yet the media outlets never say a damn thing about it.

The news out of Iraq on a daily basis is
    we suck
    we’re dying.

Any positive stuff to report?

adamguild

Sucking can be positive its all in the way you look at it 😈

RaidenHayden

First, thanks to my Bud Adam for taking the topic to the basement. cause if he didn’t I may have had to. Second, they are doing alot of good, ask teh guys and girls coming back. however no one wants to let that out cause the ole phrase still applies “if it bleeds it leads” the morning headlines

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.