Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. The Great Depression

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

My father (RIP) grew up during the great depression. As I’m sure all of you know during those times, money, for most people was pretty tight. Well one of the things my dad wanted most when he was a kid was this sweet Schwinn bike at the local shop.
    He got it.
    His dad had gone out and gotten the thing on credit from the local cycle shop. Sorta like how we buy almost everything nowadays.
    Unfortunately the depression wasn’t so great for my granddad and he couldn’t keep the payments up on the old Schwinn there.
    So the bike shop had to come by one day and take that mug back.
    Broke my pops heart having that happen, it’s crazy how your parents always have those few stories about being kids that they have to tell ya.

Well when the time came for me to get my ride (rides as the time progressed, lol) ol dad made sure I got what I wanted and did everything I could with that bike.
    Even if I wasn’t the best.
    Maybe it was just overcompensation for what happened to him as a kid, maybe it was just being a good parent.
    Whatever it was, the story he had told me above made me realize how lucky I was to have what I did.

I’m trying the best I can to get more kids out there and carry on getting them on bikes and riding.
    I also see a lot of you guys feel the same way, and you are doing a hell of a job.

I just want everyone to know I see they guys who care about the “every kid” out there and that means a lot.

From Phast Phil teaching every kid he sees,
    to Crazy Ant-Dog dragging his nephew to the races.

We all know what we OWE BMX.
    It’s time we paid up.

adamguild

i OWE bmx….nothing…………lol

bmiddaugh

Dude, you owe BMX, $9.95
    PLUS
    tax.

man, that almost looks like a BMX Plus joke…

adamguild

I EXPECT NOTHING AND I GET NOTHING IN RETURN…………

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.