Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Thanks Rodney

• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

Last night I finally got around to building my new GHP and as luck would have it, I stripped out some threads on the left side of the BB. So did I call my local LBS? Well, sort of.

High Gear Cyclery is one of a handful of shops thats supports BMX in NJ. They are not that far from me, about 25 minutes, and well worth the ride.

I PM’d Rodney late last night, he calls me first thing this morning and says bring it on in. Due to my schedule, I did not get there until 4:45 and by a little after 6pm we had a complete bike. Next time around I will a) bring it to him first and b) buy a new BB before swapping parts. It appears I rode both my Redline BBs pretty hard.

Yes, I can work on a bike, but I do not have all the tools needed.

What really impressed me is the extra help from 3-4 other guys in the shop that were pretty excited to work on a BMX race bike. The sales floor guy (Wayne) was cool too as he helped my son test ride a few bikes.

Whatever you ride, I highly recommend a trip to High Gear, even if its just to say hi to Rodney. Its a awesome shop and the whole staff is VERY down to earth and very accomodating.

BTW: the new GHP is S-W-E-E-T!!!!! What a difference from my DB. Can’t wait to race it!

loudogg666

rodney is the man.

rodney

Thanks anytime , its all about bikes!!support the shops that support what we do

CrazyCraig

I still have to tweak the new GHP a little and of course ride it more, but I raced it this weekend and all went well. Very solid!

For the first time in a long time I jumped some doubles, more specifically the doubles in the second straight of Pottstown. I then over cleared them the next time. The bike felt very good.

rodney

Building new bikes……AHHH is so fun!!!!

4130forlife

i agree.. i to enjoy building bikes…

rodney is a great guy.. we should all ride bikes with rodney ..

rodney

building high end road all day it feels good to do a nice bmx machine every once and awhile just dont think we will ever have a 14 thousand dollar freestyle bike man these roadies are nuts ……HAHA THANKS $$$$$$$$

loudogg666

the only reason my bike is in tact, is because of rodney.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.