Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum thank you brett

• This topic has 8 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

i would like to take a min to thank brett for all the time he puts into this sport. as a parent i appreciate all the pics he takes, the videos, dvds ,not to mention the magazine and a host of other things he does to promote the sport. i know most of the time he hears a lot of grief but i think its appropriate during this time of year to say a big THANK YOU for all that you do… not just for cj but for njbmx in general…when a new idea is put out there and anyone has doubt you seem to look the other way no matter how many people say its not possible, and you find a way if it has anything to do with making things better for the riders….

there are many people who do things behind the scenes who do not look for a thank you or a pat on the back or brag about what they do for their track…. bret is one of these people.

a few thank yous:

thanks for your role in supporting the resurgence of the pro /am open in nj. bringing the older riders together is what will keep them racing for a long long time..

thanks for allowing people to communicate here on your website and for making it available for important news and info regarding bmx in nj.

thanks for posting all the pictures on cj website.. i have heard a few parents talk about it during the races recently at cj…how much it means to their riders to see themselves up on the site….(one mom was telling me her son brags about it during show and tell at school..lol)

thanks for listening to the riders and encouraging them to speak their mind( when they didnt even know they had a voice)

last but not least thank you christine for putting up with some of the bs and for giving up so much of your family time for the riders of njbmx.

debby smith

you dont think its the fact that he probably make advertising money from this site?? I think hes smarter then all of us and started a bmx site right before the olympics. $$$$$$$$$ snow boarding shawn white……… olympics $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ get my drift there has to be another motive

RaidenHayden

Under that premise, this sport would die, why? Because at this point in time BMX relies on volunteerism. Thanks Brett

bmxmom156

what drugs are you on? if you dont mind me asking….

RaidenHayden

ME? As many as I can take at once till I pass out LOL

bmxmom156

no bill i was speaking to the general… sorry. it sounds he has started his holiday celebration a bit early this yr…

RaidenHayden

Oooops, I guess my secret is out!

bmiddaugh

hehe,,,yea that’s me man, looking to clock the dollars.
    More on that later….

But anyway to quote my brother Scooter

you dont think its the fact that he probably make advertising money from this site?? I think hes smarter then all of us and started a bmx site right before the olympics. $$$$$$$$$ snow boarding shawn white……… olympics $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ get my drift there has to be another motive

Call or email any of the people under the “We Recommend” part of the front page and ask them if they’ve ever given money to me or for that matter product…

(I sorta think Scooter is busting my chops but that’s just me.)

bmxmom156

i know i have seen other bmx sites that appear to be 80% ads now thats the first place scoots should be looking….

bmiddaugh

For the first time I actually did do something that required taking in money.
    The calendars.
    I told people if we could get at least 15 people to buy them I could get the price down to $15.00.
    Guess I should tell everyone they cost $10.80 a piece to make, (no big secret go to cafepress.com and make yourself an account and you too can make calendars, lol)
    Ok, mack where’s the $4.20 profit going?
    Well, I promised CJ 2 bucks from each calendar sale goes to their track.
    So that’s part of it.
    I think the other 2 will go to the state, they will get a donation from here as well.
    I have a few left that I have to get out to people, I’ll check the names tonight and give them a call or email, if I don’t hear from them by Jan 6, I’ll have em at CJ. Then in Jan, I’ll give CJ what I promised them, and at January’s state meeting, I’ll give them a donation as well.

Unless you grew up with BMX around you and were friends with people like Charlie Huber, Bob Warnicke, the Gleasons, James Cerullo, Fran from Clifton Speed Center, Harry Myers….you”ll never understand my motivation.
    Ever.

I am, also, MORE than willing to show people how to do what I do, get calendars going, DVD’s, websites, whatever it takes to make BMX (BMX racing, freestyle, flatland, yadda yadda) bigger and better.

I think the biggest thing though, right now, is someone needs to open a new track in the state of NJ…

I actually think that this year, the Cranmer’s deserve the biggest thank you as we would have lost a track this year, had it not been for their family stepping up.

So at this time, I say thanks to Scott, Donna, Scotty and the rest of them.
    And I will also say that there will be more thank you’s coming.

Will be the year.

likemeyenuts

“you dont think its the fact that he probably make advertising money from this site?? I think hes smarter then all of us and started a bmx site right before the olympics. $$$$$$$$$ snow boarding shawn white……… olympics $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ get my drift there has to be another motive”

Bah humbug General Scooter. Get the stick out of your ***. He must be one of those guys who come to see what’s going on here at Brokenspokes then goes back and tells all the lurkers. Was this funny guy up for change in NJ or was he one that just said, “we will take that into consideration.”

BIGANT-DOG

I realize i have hot temper that is why i edited what I said, and bill you may be right, but scooter you need to check yourself.

RaidenHayden

I think he was busting

BIGANT-DOG

Well if he or she was then I APOLOGIZE but if not I stand by what i said.

4130forlife

now if only he would race that damn bmx he has collecting dust..

brett is a good thing for jersey..

thanks brett

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.