Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old team results

• This topic has 14 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

i already did that. we had a conversation regarding this breifly at woodward. he agrees. its definitely not condusive for growing the sport..

we have a new track field director justin travis and from what i hear he is very interested in checking into tracks, grassroots progress and or riders and parents concerns(being he is a rider)

taht may be a good starting point.

4130forlife

1 state qualifier at EVERY track that is on the nj state series.. and 4 locals

but what do i know.. im a drunk

4130forlife

and i have 2 rookies kids on my team thar LOVE the fact that they got on my team…

i think that if your team ties.. thats it.. you tie.. no matter the amount of rooks, x, girls and cruiser

BUT i also think that you should turn in the team sheet BEFORE moto’s are posted

but then again.. what do i know.. i hate bmx because i drink to much right?

Macdaddy

Sorry to hit and run yesterday but….

OK, I tried to be nice but that did not work sooo…

1)With the constant difficulties involved in the proper marketing of this sport to new riders,
    2)Financial records being seceret,
    3)The aparent inability of the current board members to accept new blood on the board(only current board members can vote for new members?)
    4)monetary accounts doing flip-flops,
    5)suspected sabbatoge among the tracks to state equipment,
    6)the innability of a person to VOLOUNTEER his paving company to upgrade a track’s turns FOR FREE without a general election,
    7)making sure that ALL tracks in NJ have the NEW start system,
    8)riders making deals with other riders to let them win their motos because they are on their team sheet,
    9)the total contempt and utter disregard shown by some that are in authority for anyone that does not agree with them,
    10)the infighting and bickering that goes on between tracks,

the things that get the most attention here are:
    1) clips
    2)wether rookies and novices can go to nationals
    3)clips
    4)wether rookies and novices can be used on STATE seam sheets
    5)clips
    6)how much worse it is now compared to say 1982(picked the date by random)
    7)wether a team can look at the moto board before picking his team(WOULDN’T THE WHOLE DEBACLE WITH KB BEEN MOOT IF THAT JACK-ASS JUST LOOKED AT THE MOTO BOARD BEFORE PUTTING HIS SHEET IN?)

There are times when a battle is necessary and there are times when i think that some of the people here complain just to complain. Unfortunatly, when people complain about everything, the times that really need change are then ignored by those who can affect said change because they have already tuned out the complaints from these people.

Brett, I would like to thank all who were instrumental in the pro-am series, it was a success in all regards, the people who moved the pile to get the grant money, and all of the other positive things that were accomplished this year (and there were quite a few) that I can’t remember.

Macdaddy

I think that WE should stop when we think that there is a problem and ask – is this detrimental to the sport of bmx in NJ or is it something that, quite frankly, is irrelevant? If it is detrimental, then we should fight to change the problem. if not then, when all of the REAL problems are corrected, then we can go back to these other things to fine tune the sport. If you took your car in to be fixed, the mechanic wouldn’t fix the torn seat covers before he fixed the leak in the gas tank would he?

bmxmom156

ok here goes.. this is just a thought maybe there are probs with it but here goes anyway

the state series aka end result / finals for the local racing scene for the season… is mostly made up of rookies and novices correct? many experts are doing nationals on the weekends and the co mplaint is always how do you keep the tracks open when the other riders are going to nats…… so its really for the rookies and novs and experts who dont do nationals…

this is not a post about how many nationals there are so forge arguing about that..

if the state series you want to include mostly rookies/ novs why not allow teams to have whatever amt of rookies novs they want? i know years ago there was a prob with “all rookie teams” and with the new change of move up points i cant see a rider staying rookie forever so bagging should be out of the picture also…

if the state team series would allow ANY number of rookies on a team( also novs) would this encourage more teams to start up thus using more rookies/ novs and keeping them racing at different tracks( doing the series) ? then maybe there would be more at the championship?

kids like being on a team, adds to the excitement.

this is just a thought not well thought out just repeating a conversation i had with someone last weekend on the subject. i agree with dave on this one… if a kid gets excited about being on a team then its served its purpose. the kid asks to go to the race more often, and races more…

any thoughts? also i kind of like the no looking at the moto sheets its like a crap shoot… never actually thought of it that way i know the aba( so im told) uses that team sheet method) how does it work actually? sounds interesting… but with us we use moto points do they only use main points?

bmiddaugh

problem solved.

rookie-novice teams

expert-pro-cruiser-girls teams

rook-nov get a small trophy, the other get to compete for the money

RaidenHayden

I think it would be easier, if say a rookie win was worth 10 points, a novice win say 30 points, and a expertwin worth a 100 points, this way you are not excluding the rookies and novs, but they as far as the teams are concerned don’t factor in as much, and by kepping it all one team series and not splitting up up into another points race, keep it less confusing!

bmiddaugh

done, I’ll put this into the “series of proposals” I’m getting together.

bmxmom156

i think they tried to separate the teams into ones that allowed pro/or factory riders on it and the other catagory was rookie/ nov teams.. i think it eventually became combined as there were not enough teams to be separated…

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.