Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used State of the State

• This topic has 9 voices and 81 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Thats all I’m saying. I jsut got a PM from some esle who live in another state, and basically it said can’t they get the idea of getting their own riders and not worrying about everybodies elses rider load, and this is a lady who dragged her daughter all over to ABA nats and a few NBL ones, since 96, so not a rookie at this

Macdaddy

Now you’re getting into a whole different area.

RaidenHayden

Simple business model, create a good product and they will come and the others will worry about you

bmxmom156

who wants to get the riders… flemington or pottstown? how many motos does pottstown get? sorry i may be a bit slow tonight. there are 2 different topics here and i am not sure i follow one of them.

binghamton is 2hr 45 min away( they were in nj state series) from me and we are north jersey. pottstown is 1 hr 54 mins away. we may not do locals there all the time but if they want a state race that is either back to back( so you can camp overnight) or 2 in one day ( the way ny does it) then fine. going back and forth on 2 different weekend may be difficult.

all tracks shoud promote regardless of moto count im sure pa tracks have the same rider retention probs we have.

RaidenHayden

Hc wants the riders, so Pottstown should move

bmiddaugh

If the energy in this thread was put towards getting into schools to put flyers out or heading to businesses to put flyers out there could be 10 tracks in NJ (and at one time there was MORE than that) with enough riders to support them all.
    In fact, jaylamoon has been pming me with some ins she has in the school district, with the 10,000 flyers we want to make up and the plans that Rich has we have a major promotional campaign that can be underway. If the members of the board stop thinking they are the be all and end all of BMX in NJ.

In 6 weeks we will know what direction the nbl and NJBMX want to go. I would say right now, judging by how the board snuck in an unqualified person to be asst state commissioner, didn’t inform everyone that the position of treasurer was up for election and didn’t even run the election needed for state commissioner since Rob Demola resigned this year…things do not look so good.
    But I always have hope.
    And there are other avenues of BMX to promote.
    …and there are people who will just move on and do their own thing.
    Strange how some people do not want help.

RaidenHayden

Brett, my point. rather than think of ways to get riders, jsut go get them through marketing,
    If Pottstown is getting up 10 riders from Jersey I hear now, WHy? How about doing whatever he is doing right, how about rather than coiming up with reasons WHY we can’t do flyers, put them on the handlebars of bikes in shops, LET’S DO SOMETHING to get them, not hairbrained small fixes. I urge you to tell your state officails about this, because this is the mentality

bmxmom156

what moron could possibly say that flyers in schools and bmx/track promotion hangers on bikes in shops are not a good idea?

im sorry but i keep hearing that someone sais its not a good idea? maybe i missed when that was brougnt up at a meeting.

this is what roger does in ct(sorry here i go again) and they win the track with the most new riders every year. in fact every week that a new rider signs up they make an announcement introduce them to the track and add that person onto the number of new sign ups. i was there one sunday last summer and the number was up to 90..did you hear that? 90 new riders at their track… they are doing it right and i applaud them. i dont think that njbmx gets that in 3 tracks combined.

if its not broke dont fix it.. why not do what works…??

its a no brainer in my book. tell me what the down sides are? a little leg work? a little effort on eveyones part? we did the same thing in our rec program in town with the little kids wrestling club/ self promotion when done in the correct manner ( such as getting board of ed approval on flyers for schools) is the main way to go.

who can argue with that?

bmiddaugh

who can argue with that?

Guess we’ll find out.

bmiddaugh

no, no…
    actually we already do know who would.
    Asst State Commissioner was worried NJBMX could get sued if we put hangers on bikes.

bmxmom156

how would that happen? i thought the hangers idea was already done in some places? i remember seeing them a long time ago.

give me 1 reason someone can sue? has this been documented that it can happen by anyone with legal expertise?

bmiddaugh

I can only give reasons why things should work…

tpbmxtd

Hopefully I can add some insite into this thread.

The talk about our track being involved with the NJ State series has been something that had been tossed around since last year when Bob Demola was the Commish. Our intention is not to try in steal riders from other tracks but to give the State series a boost in new riders and a new track to race and to also give our local riders a chance to race a State series that they wouldn’t have to drive 4-5 hrs to get to. When my family started racing NBL some 6 years ago we raced the NJ tracks, and to this day still go to NJ to race locals because they were always fun.

When we opened our track 3 years ago, my philosophy was to build our local base and not to rely on other tracks for riders. We have been doing that every year by going to schools, being involved in community projects and just giving the riders a fun place to ride. If riders come from other tracks we try our best to make them feel like they are part of the “local family” and hope that they had a fun time and want to come back.

With all that said, I want to thank Bill and everyone else for there support. Our track had decided a couple of months ago to change our start time for next season (not because we were told we had to). We can’t move our race days to Sunday’s because of another situation but I hope that maybe this will help with HC. Years back I remember Howell and Mullica Hill used to race on Sunday’s and both tracks seemed to never have any problems. I am a easy to get along with guy and would have no problems with sitting down and meeting to discuss this situation.

We hope that we will be able to be involved with the NJ State next season and hope to work towards the growth of this wonderful sport. We all have lots we can learn from one another. I hope that this doesn’t come across in the wrong tone, I just wanted to let everyone know what our thoughts and intentions are.

Thanks,
    Glen Knapper
    Track Director
    Trilogy Park BMX

bmiddaugh

Glen,
    that was perfect timing and words that needed to be heard.

bmxmom156

yes glen/ family have always been supportive of nj bmx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.