Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… Introduce Yo’ Self Stacey "Lupfer" Ricketts

• This topic has 5 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Country

Old school from Indiana! I raced from 1980 to 1991 then 1997 to 1999. Now I’m looking to have a go at it again and found this site through a friend from 18 years ago you know him as TommyDone. I was national number one for four years and second in the world when they were in the U.S. at orlando. I rode for Columbus Schwinn, Hardee’s, and Coastal bike supply. I was all NBL but occasionally raced ABA. My daughter just turned 7 so I took her to watch the nationals in Evansville and she said it was cool! I was so excited so I’m getting her a bike! She wants me to race with her so I’m gonna do it next summer! Maybe If I go to some Nationals I will see some people from this site. I look forward to talking to YOUS GUYS! YO!

s4lnj

awesome– welcome back!!!

Evansville was one of the tracks I always wanted to race but never got to.
    You were lucky to race a track like that, it held so many legendary Nationals.

Country

I’ve raced there since I was 8, I don’t think I knew how lucky I was until I was older. The track is so fast when your going down the third straight(downhill) you get a feeling of weightlessness. There is one jump on the straight, you don’t pull up you just tuck right over, it’s an amazing feeling to fly! Wish you could have been there! Maybe in your second time around?

Isnt the track still there? I know I did clinics in Indiana but for some reason Mike Gul who scheduled those weeks didnt set one up at Evansville for us.
    We did the one by Sun (Sorta we showed, we left, thinking it got rained out, the TO was so pissed) But when we got there it was under water and no one was around from the track so we headed over to Sun for a tour.

I also did a clinic at the Indy Velodrome track. Got any good pics of Evansville?

Country

There was a national in evansville in june. I took my daughter to see what she thought about it and she said she wants to race so next year we are both going to start racing. I will have to look to see if I have any pics, if not then I can take some.

Country

Hey Erick, Go to nbl.org in the midle of the page it has videos and one of the videos shows the hoosier national in evansville. The elite main on Sat. I don’t know how they make it look so easy.

Hey thanks. The track was lengthed some. BITD there wasnt an S turn and if I remember the one video of it correctly after turn 3 it was the finish straight. The 4th turn was added after the early 80s.

Country

Wow you have a heck of a memory! They lengthened the track right before I started racing but I remember them doing all the work on the s turn when I was maybe ten or so. The last straight was a roller and a triple until they started thr rymthm section deal in the 90’s. The track has pretty much stayed the same since then. I like the fact that they did not add asphalt turns. There is lots of action in the first turn because of it.

4130forlife

i was lookin at a bmx action today from 1988, doug davis on the cover.. the 88 op/nbl grands.. who won 15 girls??? stacey lupfer

awwwwwesome

Country

Thanks for noticing! I smiled all day at work today! Those were good times! If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat! I had the greatest support from family and the teams I rode for were a tight knit group of friends. Treat your team members like they’re special and they will always remember you. But I also remember all the crazy stunts we pulled when on road trips to the nationals. LOL! The most fun I ever had!!

RaidenHayden

Ahhhh road trips, my favorite, blowing toilets up, hangin vacuums from a tree so they look like Christmas ornaments, flooding your friends room, being carried from the bar, waking up in the wrong motel, jumping your bike from the balcony of the motel, yes the fun stuff, road trips LOL

Country

Hhhmmmm, I think I know why you have been in the back of a police car “frequently”!HHHHAAAAA! Your words Dozer, not mine!!! LOL

RaidenHayden

Stacy, if I had to do it all again, it all be done the same, too many good memories, fun times!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and I meant front seat when I answered that!!!!!!!! And whats life without handcuffs, boring

Country

Oh! you mean the front seat, as in, drivers seat after you stole it! LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.