Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. So me and Christine are down in Barnegat…

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

at a little pizza place we go to called Moody Judy’s today and we’re chilling by the window checking the scene.
    Now across from this place is a shop called X-Treme Bikes and Boards, that sells 90% BMX stuff. Out front are a couple BMX machines, and as we are sitting there like 5 dudes roll up and go in, check stuff out, come out, one of the guys had the mechanic inside put a new chain on their bike. It was sorta surreal because here I am in this historical town of Barnegat and there seems to be this thriving BMX scene right there. I went into the shop one time and asked how this place came to be in the middle of what seems to be an area where BMX shouldn’t exist.
    Seems there was a few a public ramp parks in the area, one right up the road.
    Anyhow, what’s the point of my diatribe here?
    Well, just watching this all unfold in front of me really made me start to think about where I’m going in all this. I was watching those guys and remembering just what was going on in their minds, heading down to the LBS, jumping curbs, yadda yadda and it got me thinking.
    I know what to do, I’ve been there, I’ve done it.
    It’s time to move forward
    I’m shutting the door on going crazy with the whole NJBMX racing thing and gonna look to do my own thing, what will, in effect become our own thing.
    This spring I’m gonna make the push to get some tangible things going, I will need help so anyone who is down give me a holler.
    It’s time for me to stop trying to change people’s minds and just do what needs to be done myself.
    Just like when I saw that New Jersey needed a real website that was updated in a timely manner.
    Spring 2008.
    See ya there.

BIGANT-DOG

Does this mean you are not racing this season?

Btw No matter what I will always be your bro. We been friends for along time and I will always be there for you, no matter what.

BIGANT-DOG

Does this mean you are not racing this season?

Btw No matter what I will always be your bro. We been friends for along time and I will always be there for you, no matter what.

rodney

What are you doing ?? and how can I help ??

rodney

What are you doing ?? and how can I help ??

bmiddaugh

I’m racing, riding, all the same stuff…
    but I need to finally do what we’re all supposed to be doing.

Look for a place to build new stuff.

bmiddaugh

I’m racing, riding, all the same stuff…

Look for a place to build new stuff.

rodney

track , ramps, the whole 9 ?? good!!!! to bad not close to me!!! I would be soooo down if it were more local, na meannnn

rodney

track , ramps, the whole 9 ?? good!!!! to bad not close to me!!! I would be soooo down if it were more local, na meannnn

BIGANT-DOG

To be honest you are a do it type of person. Myself I am a slacker at times. Yes i admit it. But I also have a new focus myself for 08. KIng of old School. And I have to focus more on my team and cjs. Al has told me I can have up to 10 to 12 people on the race team. And when it comes down to it, it is hard to spread yourself out(at least for me) So if you ever need a hand I will help out when I can. Hell you know EDISON/SOMMERVILLE — area is prime for a track. Bottom line, WE WILL ALL MAKE BMX BETTER IN NEW JERSEY, It is gonna take time, but it will get done. between CJS and HIGH GEAR (ROD) we will have more tracks.

rodney check your pm box.

BIGANT-DOG

To be honest you are a do it type of person. Myself I am a slacker at times. Yes i admit it. But I also have a new focus myself for 08. KIng of old School. And I have to focus more on my team and cjs. Al has told me I can have up to 10 to 12 people on the race team. And when it comes down to it, it is hard to spread yourself out(at least for me) So if you ever need a hand I will help out when I can. Hell you know EDISON/SOMMERVILLE — area is prime for a track. Bottom line, WE WILL ALL MAKE BMX BETTER IN NEW JERSEY, It is gonna take time, but it will get done. between CJS and HIGH GEAR (ROD) we will have more tracks.

rodney check your pm box.

bmiddaugh

Everyone has to do what they have to do.

Rod, you and Mike need to start that shop. Mike is a savvy businessman, he has been since he was young. He knows freestyle inside and out just like you, you are also both good guys. You will succeed because you believe in what you are doing.

Ant, get all the guys we first got together in 2005 and get it going, once those men get near BMX again it will all be over.

There’s no need to be coy about the Somerville situation anymore. Kenneth Cornell, the gentleman behind the ramp park there, is more than willing to get the land together to build a track. All that is needed are some motivated, honest, driven BMXers in that area. Maybe if Rich Carolan reads this it will peak his interest in helping out again. There is already a willing crew of BMX volunteers in that area.

I’ve accomplished what needed to be accomplished in NJBMX Inc. I will make this more clear in January.

Now it’s time for me to get my friends together here and make a push to do things the way we feel they should be done.
    It will not be done overnight, or in a few months, but it will be done.

Now everyone, go make waves.

bmiddaugh

Everyone has to do what they have to do.

Rod, you and Mike need to start that shop. Mike is a savvy businessman, he has been since he was young. He knows freestyle inside and out just like you, you are also both good guys. You will succeed because you believe in what you are doing.

Ant, get all the guys we first got together in 2005 and get it going, once those men get near BMX again it will all be over.

There’s no need to be coy about the Somerville situation anymore. Kenneth Cornell, the gentleman behind the ramp park there, is more than willing to get the land together to build a track. All that is needed are some motivated, honest, driven BMXers in that area. Maybe if Rich Carolan reads this it will peak his interest in helping out again. There is already a willing crew of BMX volunteers in that area.

I’ve accomplished what needed to be accomplished in NJBMX Inc. I will make this more clear in January.

Now it’s time for me to get my friends together here and make a push to do things the way we feel they should be done.
    It will not be done overnight, or in a few months, but it will be done.

Now everyone, go make waves.

BIGANT-DOG

oh I do have one personal goal. NBL GRANDS!!!!!!! Yeah i really wanna do it this year. I have to do this one “for myself” Do not care if i win, but I at least wanna be able to race it.

btw I have seen 2 buildings in this area that would be perfect for what WE ALL WANT. if we can get money it can happen.

BIGANT-DOG

oh I do have one personal goal. NBL GRANDS!!!!!!! Yeah i really wanna do it this year. I have to do this one “for myself” Do not care if i win, but I at least wanna be able to race it.

btw I have seen 2 buildings in this area that would be perfect for what WE ALL WANT. if we can get money it can happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.