• This topic has 7 voices and 44 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Rod

Quote:
    RL ….want a loser

RL may be a “loser” in your eyes(you are so hardcore) But at the time he was out there doing show’s and contests and yes he made a ton of money(which he blew from what i heard) But if someone was to approach you right now with a mega bucks contract would you say no? Rl was good for the time, and without guys like

RL
    DIZZ HICKS
    SCOTTY FREEMAN
    MARTIN APARIJO
    FRED BLOOD
    CEPPIE MAES
    THE GODFATHER MIKE DOMINGUEZ
    RON WILKERSON (OWNER OF 2 HIP WHO IS STILL DOWN)
    MY GOD -DMC-STILL RIPPING
    JOSH WHITE (DR AIR)

Without these guys did you ever think that the scene today would not be around? Btw one the most famous guys in the world came from this era-MATT HOFFMANN. Bro I know are about the industry of today, but think about it if not for the neon of the 80’s, would we have the dew tour or the x-games? NO!!!!! becasue the spirit of the early years is what kept the scene alive in the 90’s which keeps what we have going on today.

Rod I have never been a hardcore rider like you guy’s but I do know that without the past there is no future.

rodney

easy easy do not want to diss your precious old school ….I AM ALL SCHOOL

BIGANT-DOG

I can’t lie I got hooked on this sport because of the “neon” I love ALL THE AGES OF BMX. But there are alot of guys who diss the old school riders. And to me that is not right. In 20 years they will be saying the same thng about this era. But Hey I plan to still be riding 20 years from now, so if someone does diss this era- I will be around to stand up for us. —

rodney

I thought this post was going to be about the band THE ROOTS they are so great !!!!

BIGANT-DOG

Yes that band does rock!!!!!!!!

rodney

I got stoned with Mat Hoffamn and Jay Miron is a drunk and the list goes on so if you are looking up to these guys as people some do and believe me some are worth it realize the truth!!! …. and no one really knows where bmx would be with or without some of these guys ….Im just happy Britts back !!!!!

rodney

How can people go though their riding career knowing they did not have a buff guard on their bike

BIGANT-DOG

Rod i know the dirt hell you used to tell me all the time!!!!I am talking about from a riding aspect. Hey i watch joe kid and realize they are just ordinary people who have problems, But the fact that they could ride a bike and inspired me. well……. Oh and i have met Brian Blyther and Mike Dominguez-Gary Pollack Maurce Meyer. And these guys still inspire me today. Mike buff damn he really screwed up, but he saw the light and is doing good today. Um rod how many times did we get drunk and ride in front of your house? Now those were the days.

bmiddaugh

Hey…
    To many people they see me as this great guy who loves BMX and is a “winner”, not the sarcastic winner, but winner, winner….
    what?

Oh my point is, there are also a few people who think I am the biggest loser in the world and would like to see me fry, slowly, while they hold the billows.
    Fortunately for me, I’m just living my life and

doing what I’m here to do.

4130forlife

shut up and drink 6 beers in 60 seconds

loudogg666

screw the x-games.
    and if it weren’t for some of those guys, they damn.
    rodney got me into riding.

s4lnj

i thought this was going to be about the movie roots– kunta kinte.

BIGANT-DOG

no dave although i want my 40 acres and a mule!!!!!!!

Now what was i gonna say? oh yeah. When i got back into bikes in general 4 years ago. Onw of the first people i noticed was DMC. He is considerd old as dirt, But yet still kicks ass. I said damn well ain’t no reason I can’t still ride. But when i decided to start racing, I still looked at the older generation of freestyle guys, becuase freestyle is what i used to do. There are times whe I think about will i be to old to do this anymore? BUt i look at that 75 year old racing cruiser, dmc at 40 plus still going strong etc. And then after meeting brian blyther and maurice meyer, These guys “from bitd”can still rip. Maybe that is why I appreciate the old school so much. And i gotta say brett was an inspiration too. That one day 4 years ago we stopped at the track and i said damn I really wanna do this. Now here I am sponsored, a team manager and #3 in the state. and if not for the old school I would not have the knowledge to guide me forward.

loudogg666

old school. new school.
    its all the same.
    freakin’ bmx.

rider1

Ant you got #3 in the state, ok. We get it.

Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.