Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Rich Farside Hurt in Trumbull

• This topic has 7 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmxgirlmom

Rich took a pretty nasty spill today in Trumbull. Don’t have any particulars, but he was down for quite awhile. Heard he may have left in an ambulance.

bmiddaugh

Do you know what class he was racing in?
    Dammit! This sucks.

CrazyCraig

It was in his very first 35+ Expert moto. He was 2 motos ahead of me, so I saw the crash.

Rich was in second right behind O’Gorman. Hard to know exactly what happen, but it appeared he overcleared a jump, landed flat, and cut to his left to hold it. I think it was London Wilmot right behind him who caught his back tire or something. Rich’s bike stopped, but he didn’t and took a full hard body slam into the lip of the next jump. Not pretty.

I DO NOT have this confirmed, but third party info relayed to me said he did leave in the ambulance and possibly has several cracked/broken ribs. After about 10 minutes, he did walk off the track slowly, but with the help of two other people. I saw him sitting in the EMT hut for sometime, so I assume he made the decision to get further medical help.

Caveman

Bugger. Not cool.

bmxgirlmom

Craig: Thanks for the added info. I only saw the crash and him walking, as you said with help, off the track. Didn’t know what happened afterwards. Thought he raced his second moto, but it must have been O’Gorman that I saw.

4130forlife

i REALLY hope rich is ok..he is a really cool guy..top notch bmxer

CrazyCraig

Word has it he busted up 7 ribs. I do not know if he is still in the hopsital.

Rich – let us know if you need help with any thing. I hope you heal fast. Keep us posted.

rideodybmx

Hope You Feel Better Rich

RaidenHayden

Dude, you WILL get better soon, that’s an order

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.