• This topic has 8 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    1adam12

this section or not

1adam12

I was originally asked to do this section by Brett to stir things up in the Bmx community……My question is should free speech be removed from this site? Is it in the best interest of NJBMX if this section is removed? I promise not to argue or degrade anyones opinion just wondering what you all think?????

CrazyCraig

Adam,

I do not think this section should be removed, but I wish there was a way that when a new topic is posted, it does not show up on the front page of the site in the upper right hand corner.

I have been jumping and riding bikes since I was 5 years old. That is 33 years. So I have seen it all (well, almost). I am totally cool with most of the conversations going on here, even when it’s on (and over) the edge a little.

But…I am also a Dad, and the dad part thinks would I want my kids reading some of this stuff. Put yourself in my shoes.

So free speech is cool, and I think we all need to unwind and have a place to just BS, but don’t neccessarily need to put it out there where everyone sees it, but only because this site could really become THE place for EVERYONE to come and learn about BMX in Jersey and maybe beyond. Unfortunately, a little PC is needed if you want to try and keep the appeal universal to everyone in the best interests of the sport.

Keep the section: Yes.
    Figure out a way to limit access: Yes
    Kill free speech: No – but, we have to allow Brett, and only Brett, the right to delete a post no matter how pissed we might get, especially if its not in the BS section but somewhere that has full public access. I don’t want to make Brett the policeman, but there has to be some level of civility, and thats how you control it.

bmiddaugh

zoinks.
    Ok, a little of what is happening here involves 3 people that used to be friends. One of which is a member but is good enough to let stuff ride.
    Unless you are a member you can’t even read this section…Log out sometime and then check the forums.
    There is also a disclaimer in the privacy policy saying that your views you post aren’t necessarily my views.
    I like the BS section, it’s fun.
    I don’t like the calling out and being a-holes to each other, (and I’m not talking about us having fun) but if it stays here…I’ll live with it.
    I’m not gonna start banning people, the people in question are all adults and should be policing themselves.
    I may, however, take down the, “latest in the forums” thing on the front page. That may be a happy medium.
    I would also appreciate you guys being cool to each other.
    I made this place for us.
    As far as this being for NJ BMX, it sure as heck is, but I wish we could direct people to NJBMX.org for info and here to have fun and throw elbows, but at the moment, that isn’t possible.

RaidenHayden

Leave the section, it serves a purpose. The gentlemenly use of verbal elbows is an exceptable practice. Have fun

s4lnj

keep it–

s4lnj

in fact, there is a quote in the bible that i have memorized, it seems fitting for situations like this
    eziekiel 25/17
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

now i been sayin that sh%! for years. never gave much thught to what it meant. i just thaught it was some cold a$$ sh%! to say to a fool before i busted a cap in his a$$. now any other time you two would be dead as fried chicken, but i don’t wanna kill ya, i wanna help ya.

1adam12

Pulp Fiction…Quotes…yikes……………There is no Eziekiel 25/17

BIGANT-DOG

AUSTIN 3:16

I just whipped your ass.

oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rodney

I dont get it dogg

BIGANT-DOG

It is a refrence to the wrestler STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. A quote he made after winning king of the ring. Yes i am a wrestling junkie too.

4130forlife

fuck

s4lnj

sorry– i love pulp fiction– there is an eiziekel 25/17– but it reads nothing like that

1adam12

what version bible????? I have several and there are is no Eziekiel 25/17 in them………..

s4lnj

i’ll have to check– i have one at work where we looked for the qoute– i could be wrong, sometimes i get my facts mixed up–

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.