Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Registered nbl racers in NJ

• This topic has 11 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Damn looking at that scares me. 31% in nj alone. Mississippi lost 52%. If you factor in the economy and the rising price of gas etc. It is kinda easy to see why. Of coursethis is not adding in the other factors like I am bored with racing, it’s not fun blah blah. The other million dollar ? is did they stop racing altogether or switch sanctions?

BIGANT-DOG

Ant- Spell check

I acn pesll ujst infe, awht si oury robplem? —

bmxmom156

wow that is amazing…

just look for instance at a state like ct who boasts one of the highest recruitment of new riders each year( gets the award at competition congress every year) they dropped by 400…so i t must be across the board..

would need to see month to month comparason like somoene said..aug compared to august…apples to apples…

do you have the aba equivalent of the same info?

Macdaddy

where are these #’s from? exactly, not just on the nbl site.

LeadSled1

All the numbers I put up are directly from the NBL site. Under State highpoints.

Macdaddy

STOP!!!!!!!!!

I see where these #’s came from. They are NOT correct. you are using the total # of riders that raced at least 1 time all of last calander year. last year there were 386, but there were only 277 that raced at least 4 times. To get a comparable #, you must wait till the end of this calander year and compare. To try and get any cotrrelation now would be using false logic. Of course, this is brokenspokes, so…..

Macdaddy

I made a call to the nbl and am waiting for a response.

Macdaddy

After looking at the ABA site, no. They don’t have last year’s district points. However, I know that there were 26 riders. By using the same logic there was a drop by 60%. It will be incorrect, until december 31.

BIGANT-DOG

It does not matter what the counts are. The botom line is we have to bust our butt’s even harder to recruit new And old talent. I have a NBL shirt that wear to work. (When i do not do laundry) And someone in my building asked” you a bmx racer?” his son used to race not that long ago.

friday i will give his son a link to this site and maybe we can bring him back out.

Nice work Lead Sled.
    Yes Mac daddy, to get the most accurate count you have to do same months, but you dont have to wait till the end of the year.
    So anyone with NBL papers can do it in one evening.

I was an ABA memb3r from 2005-06 so let me do those. Someone thats still a member can do the corresponding numbers from one year later.
    10 state sample (20%).

ABA Points ending April

1992—-2006
    West
    Alaska

Arkansas–18

Arizona—-949

Central
    Iowa

Nebraska—92

Missouri—-151

Oklahoma–180

Tri State
    New York—-26

New Jersey–14

Pennsylvania-128

Total—-1,619

7 of 10 states have rise in rider count, 37% Increase

[/b]

Macdaddy

Exactly, eric. That was all I was saying.

bmxer901

everybody I talk to about racing says the same thing. I wanna try it but cant afford it. Even if you just wanna do the local program it gets expensive after awhile. Especially once you get to be like 16, then you have girl freinds/boyfreinds, cars, insurance, and bills. Racing just isnt that easily fit into the list.

BIGANT-DOG

Especially once you get to be like 16,

Or when you are 36 and married and have a crappy job that just barely pays the bills. I sold bike parts(again) just so I can race on saturday. oh rent car insurance etc, but somehow i find a way.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.