Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Regional Results and reasons why things take some time…

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Taking pictures digitally, banging out some html doc story, piece of cake.
    What takes the time is the results. I really do hope the nbl comes through for us but this is why it takes time to get this stuff up here.
    The dos program they let us use at best will give out the results in a txt file.
    Unfortunately that txt file does not sort the riders by finish, so then I have to go back in and retype manually all the places and names.
    Also if it is a combined class, it does not allow you to put the riders in the order they trophy.
    Ex: 11, 12 Novice
    You will have 2 1st’s there in nbl rules, but it just will come out as whoever crosses the line first and second and not even int that order, which is the way it should be, but to make it fair to the riders I change it to reflect what they went home with.

Here’s an example:
    ** 30-34,35 & OVER EXPERT,NOVICE
    205324 PETE BONILLA NJ 30E 324 1 3 0 0 3
    509092 FREDERICK HAGUE NJ 36N 092 2 1 1 0 1
    182572 DALE MAGHAN NJ 32E 572 4 4 0 0 4
    231457 TIMOTHY WOODWARD NJ 35N 457 3 2 2 0 2

This is why I get aggravated from a promotional view, that’s unprofessional to the nth degree and sort of says it doesn’t matter that you spend your money to race with us.
    Again, NJBMX guys this isn’t about you, it’s about the way we are treated….
    I just sit here thinking about how quick we could get things up on the sites and how great it could be and we wait for bug fixes….I want my mommy, lol…

pjtaft

i do have a base formula for the score sheet working,..
    only 3 blocks long,.. but i’m just starting,.. and my family is going away for 2 weeks,.. so I should be able to get this done

LeadSled1

So did Pete and Dale have a meltdown or something? They got beat by two older Novices?

LeadSled1

Brett, thinking on your issue here. You should be able to put it into Excel and automate it or I can do something in MS access. If you want, shoot me a PM and I will give you my work E-mail address. That way I can get a copy in it’s native format and work on something for you.

Jess

bmiddaugh

Cool, Jess.
    It’s a pia trying to copy paste twist and turn that garbage…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.