Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Random Gate Race 9-22-07

• This topic has 4 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pabmxrcr708

Random Gate Start Race Today at Trilogy Park
    come get your practice in before the Woodward (Supercross) National

09/22/07 – RACE, Registration 3:30pm – 4:30pm, Race ASAP

fee: 6 dollars for points
    10 dollars for thropy and points

Directly from Trilogypark.org
    SCHEDULE CHANGE
    We will be racing on Saturday September 22nd (normal start times) and we will be CLOSED on September 29th for the Woodward National

Random Gate Starts are here….
    Trilogy Park BMX will be running the new Random Gates for the rest of this season at all races and practice’s.

CrazyCraig

Last night was my first night on the random gate. I will admit that I thought it would be a piece of cake based on how I do my starts. Well, it wasn’t. It takes time to adjust to having that delay.

Jeffrey Heath, Jr. and I had the pleasure of doing gate practice with Geraldo Echavarria last night after racing at CJ (my apology if I spelled your name wrong). It took both me and Jeff awhile, but we finally got used to it. I took a 15 minute break and watched Geraldo a few times, and when I got back up for one last gate it finally clicked.

Here is what I feel the key is: you just have to relax. You have to block the starters cadence out because its no longer part of the timing. Just be ready for the beeps, but like I said, r-e-l-a-x. Once I started to relax, it clicked.

Have fun!

sickryder83

it’s all about reaction time, and you find yourself doing a different motion than usual depending if your reaction was slow or fast. it’s pretty cool.

BIGANT-DOG

random gates are awesome. Belive it or not my gates are getting a little better using the new system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.