Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Racing parts

• This topic has 10 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kevh

Belt drive, suspension, and no seats, just a fender to protect yourself from the rear tire. LOL

integrated headsets and seat post clamps like Superstar. Not just a clamp welded to the frame.

I would like to see 14mm to 3/8 axle convertors with chain tensioners built in. I think Kink used to make them but stopped.

The tubing that Fly bikes has so that the downtube gussett is inside the frame, is pretty sweet.

Stronger chain tensioners, it is not fun when you bend the crappy aluminum ones. I am using an old Hoffman lollipop style one just because it is simple and strong. Just wish it looked better. JW seems to have a cool idea with multiple sizes, but I have having to adjust 2 little bolts.

I want brake bosses that don’t have the little lip on them, so my Paul brakes can sit closer to the frame.

A metal version of the ODI lockon bar end, because plastic bar ends don’t hold up. But the idea of protecting the grips bolts is great compared to the original version. Lock on grips Rule!

That is all for now.

RaidenHayden

UH Kev, is that all, you are more demanding than my wife!!!

rider1

Carbon fiber. Everthing will be made with it. It works. It strong ,light, and has a way better ride.

Rich

kevh

Internal cable routing that doesn’t make noise. I hate cutting my brake cable housing. Of course, the Avid Flak jacket brake cable system, that is completely sealed is very nice.

And bring back the chrome!!!!!!

I would have to see the specs comparing Carbon and Chromoly in regards to lateral forces before I use it. I still think I would take out carbon in my first week on it. Plus, some bikes are just too light.

Macdaddy

Having worked on three different size bikes over the last four years, one of the most frustrating things is that there is NO standard sizing on parts. Even from the same bike co. Zach has been on three sizes, two of which were from Staats and the third from Standard. Each has a different size seat tube. This causes you to buy brand new seat, post etc. every time you change frames.

Please we need standardized parts sizes.

kevh

that is annoying, but then you get into the weight debate. My son doesn’t need as much post as me.

It would be nice to have say 2 sizes. 27.2 and 22.2 as standards. Then we should only have to make the switch when we go from expert size to pro, or junior to expert.

That is another thing, ditch the whole mini, junior, expert naming. All the frames should just go by top tube length. I think UFO started doing this. I have 2 micro minis at home, and there is over an inch difference in the top tubes. 1 brands micro mini is another brands mini.

rodney

how about this little things where you clip into a pedal with a special shoe hahahahaha!!!! NO reason to push the technolgy going at a good rate when you push things you get untested crap and gimicks besides a ton of coices out already steel ,alloy, carbon , u brake , v brake ,disc brake clip , no clip, etc….

bmiddaugh

I would like to hear about parts that cross the boundary between racing and freestyle.

s4lnj

like 12mm axles– light enough to race — strong enough for street?

rodney

FBM bitchin camaro …….STEEL!!!! race frame w o w

bmiddaugh

My business associates and I are moving away from the “fbm” BMX lifestyle they currently portray. —

rodney

thats what made freestyle so big in the first place , change is good…. hope it works

rodney

thats what made freestyle so big in the first place , change is good…. hope it works

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.