Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old racing next weekend

• This topic has 9 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

all hands on deck this sat if anyone can lend a hand to help out with flemington track… that would be great… i think matt may be getting some equiip there if all goes as planned and anyone who is staying local please come by if you can to help out…

i heard some folks complaining that the track is in bad shape well lets put your money where your mouth is and come down and help make it better…oh and dont forget and bring your bikes too….

bmiddaugh

put your money where your mouth is

oh man, I could think of about 20 things to say but I shall refrain because of good taste.

bmxmom156

good taste= brett refrain from commenting???

whats wrong with this picture??

lol

just bring a shovel on sat ………… Yea!

4130forlife

i say, tear it down and start fresh

BIGANT-DOG

I think i will be able to come. Promised my wife i would go somewhere but i may not have too.

bmxmom156

dave are you off on sat? they have a great plan/ drawings/ideas thta the riders have asked for…( changes.. )its not that bad just needs a tune up and a face lift of sorts…

4130forlife

no, ill be down at lbi on a nice well deserved vacation.. but i usually have to work every saturday.. damn job.,.

ill be at flemington the 14th so my team can WIN again, haha

bmxmom156

dave you can bring your cooler and umbrella and pretend you are on the beach!!

4130forlife

haha.. thanks mrs smith.. but i dont think so. haha

bmiddaugh

oh hell, why refrain because of good taste. I mean jeesh, some people had a good time with me over the winter and didn’t think about good taste.
    In reference to Legend’s comment. One of our alumni was going to donate everything to completely redo HC, but it didn’t pan out. And it should have.
    Good news from all that though is that the groundwork of the state getting the grant it received came about from that gentleman coming on here and voicing his dismay with the situation.

bmiddaugh

Oh..so the pun was,

put your money where your mouth is

and of course this guy was willing to put a large sum of money where his mouth was.

bmxmom156

the prob with so many tracks i think( my opinion here) is that while a large sum of money is greatly needed for a number of things in nj bmx, tracks included, by “putting your money where your mouth is” i meant more as an effort rather than money issue..you can build a beautifully designed track/facility and if there is not enough volunteers to maintain it then it goes to pot rather quickly.

unfortunately there are a limited # of families (maybe 3 if i counted correctly) who are consistantly there to groom and keep up on things. this is the problem and all the money in the world wont help this situation till somoene( a lot of someones actually) step up to the plate on a regular basis.

kinda like planting sod and leaving it for a month with no rain…. does no good at all…

4130forlife

isnt that what a track director does also?

bmiddaugh

The only thing njbmx needs is money for promotion and it’s end of year awards and a few supplies.
    The tracks are their own entities, as such it is in each tracks best interest to operate as a 501c3 corporation. Which none of the tracks in NJ are. (there are only 3 anyhow, at one point there were about 20) By applying for and getting 501c3 status it can and will open doors to many new avenues for money and promotion and other things. As shown by Glen Knapper and the TPBMX track.
    Becoming a 501c3 takes around 600-700 dollars. It is in all the tracks best interest to push to become 501c3’s.
    This subject has been beaten to death but we have or at least HAD a very knowledgable person on this whole subject who was more than willing to help us all out and who did help us out.
    I believe that the 5-10 volunteers who come out every single time to always help at the 3 tracks in NJ can keep them up, but in order to get that extra boost sometimes it requires that quantum effort to make massive change.
    Ala CJBMX.
    Who, strangely enough, amassed enough money to completely pay for its own makeover without being a 501c3. i.e.: Someone, or in my opinion everyone, there knows how to manage money.
    Now that the track is completely redone the steady volunteers have an easier time taking care of things. (Not that planting fence and raking and soiltacing jumps is easy, but I’m hoping you get my point, sorta)
    Dave, my brotha, a track director can’t do everything. He is supposed to make things run smooth.
    Again, promote, bring in more racers, or families or whomever, be friendly, and people will want to help out. Become a 501c3 and suddenly the words “non-profit charitable organization” can be added to you tracks by-line.
    Maybe Mrs. Knapper should post up the letter she sends out to businesses to get things rolling on donations.
    If they can do it, why can’t every single track in NJ do it?

bmxmom156

the track director is one of the 3 i was referring to.

i think cj has way more volunteers than your average track thats what makes it sucessful. bottom line.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.