Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Question for the parents…

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

What can we do to make BMX a more approachable activity for kids, racing and ramp park wise?
    I know most parents prefer not to drop their kids off at a ramp park because of it’s chaotic nature but what could be done to make it a better place for families to come and hang?
    I have a few friends who are looking to make a bike specific place to appeal to riders other than the full on “hardcore” crowd.
    Ideas…

rodney

Like skate 57 maybe other outside riding activities like video games, or whatever for the rest of the family its hard when you have more then one child for sure clinics , shows stuff like that too. none of the skateparks do that sort of stuff

xracer264

Being a father here are some of my thoughts. Overall a parent wants a safe and secure environment for their child and their gear.

If families, parents or guardians are going to hang there a place to sit and spectate would be a start. Maybe a picnic area to have lunch or snacks.

If parents wish to drop off their child, adequate adult supervision would be needed. In addition, some sort of system to prevent the kids from leaving without their parent or guardian.

rodney

mini woodward style

4130forlife

rara one year later. rara

bmiddaugh

have another beer Dave, that seems to be moving the free ride
    parks right along. 😈

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.