Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Quarry Dust (Poll Attached)

• This topic has 6 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

If the quarry dust was removed from HCBMX, would you be more willing to travel there to race?

RaidenHayden

Unfortunately, as a matter of maintenance, the dust will stay. It makes it easier to get ready in the morning as Matt D is usually the only one there early enough. I have wanted it done away with personally , but from his stand point, I understand the need. If we had more volunteers, it would be a different story

victoryfox

3″ to 4″ deep is not good. From what I’ve heard, quarry dust requires work to make a good racing surface. It is not just a matter of throwing it down and calling the job done.

bmiddaugh

This poll wasn’t meant as a diss to anyone, just in case it gets taken that way, but I and a few others are wondering how people feel about it, so I figured in good ol’ democratic fashion we’d throw a poll out to see how people feel…
    ‘course getting volunteers is another problem, low moto counts=low volunteer counts, so we all gotta get out there to promote racing and get new riders, because I know the sanctioning bodies don’t care about the local scene.

victoryfox

I don’t mean to diss any one person. I’m just dissin’ the dust. I would go there more if it weren’t for the dust.

BIGANT-DOG

I have never raced there, although i live in the middle of both tracks(howell and cjbmx.) But i have heard nothing but bad feedback bout hcbmx. BUT, I now work in basking ridge. SO on prctice night i will give the place a try. Since it is on the way home from work.
    n

rodney

When is practice for 06 ?

s4lnj

hey, we are lucky that the track is still there!!!

everyone at hc– thanks for keeping things rollin

bmiddaugh

seriously, I’m gonna say it again, this was not a dig at HC at all!!!
    (of course you’ll all realize that when I have huge write ups on the state races there!)
    PS: The first place I ever raced in 1979, was Flemington NJ at the oval.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.