Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Profit, not for profit

• This topic has 1 voice and 2 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Two of the distinct differences beyween the two major associations, is that one claims it is not for profit, and the other is a for profit organization.
    With a non-profit org, even thought the org makes no profit, the people working do. so as long as you know what you need to make, and you meet that goal, you can sustain yourself year to year.
    The for profit org must sustain it’s ridership as well, but if it wishes to grow, so as to make more profit, it must draw new riders, thus ggrowing it’s profits.
    I know many people reading are die hard NBL’ers (nibblers), but look at the computer program the NBL uses. Outdated 1980’s DOS based. not user friendly. I know I wouldn’t want to be a volunteer and use it. Then look at the ABA’s system, windows based, easy, user friendly.
    Bottom line, if you invest money, it will grow the sport.
    There are many differances between the two, I think it’s time we realized that if we are, as a sport to be taken seriously, we need to grow, we need big sponsors.
    So everytime I hear “the ABA is all about profit” I smile, think to myelf GOOD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.