Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old points are up

• This topic has 9 voices and 31 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    tpbmxtd

Just some of my thoughts –

Lower the amount of locals that people have to do – alot of families now a days either cant afford to do them or they are involved with other sports/activities.

Make the State Qualifiers an event – pump up the state races, make them something people want to go to.

Make the Championship race worth more than the qualifiers – go with triple points for the final race, make it more of a race at the end. Look at the qualified list and see the difference in the points, most of the riders in first have such a lead that they just have to show up and they win.

bmiddaugh

excellent ideas,
    but I would expect nothing less from Knapper, cause ya never catch him….

knapping…

RaidenHayden

Glenn, I have said. lower the amount of locals for years, but then they are their riders LOL, and have to keep them coming to the locals

s4lnj

ok– the days of the zeronine plate are over– long over– if i have to hear about it one more time i might just go and stick a rusty fork in my eye.

the plates last year and this year are better than a few years back– i look at my 2003 plate– and remember getting the basiclly blank plate with a # in a large envelope in the mail.

now we had a “ceremony” and the plates are better than a few years back, they are.

i am not saying that more in return wouldn’t be nice, it would be great. but it’s like a double edge sword– to get more in return– we need more riders (entrance fees boost money going in) but to get more riders we need more in return.

with more riders perhaps entrance fees could drop– cause you could take a little from a large group as opposed to alot from a small group.

the question is

how do we lure riders from the nats back to the state series. you would think it would be easy with the costs of nats these days– but for some reason people love the national #s.

i don’t know– my fingers hurt. my brain is bleeding.

4130forlife

we use to also get jackets when we got state # 1.. we use to have crazy state dinners.. actual dinners.. not that the one i went to last year wasnt kick ass.. but christ.. where does the money go to…does that johnson guy or whoever makes the plates charge out the wazoo or something?????

but im done.. no more posts by me.. i aggrivate myself and im sure i aggrivate others with it

tpbmxtd

Why not make a survey up and hand it out at the championship race and each track can hand them out the next couple of weeks and get the parents/riders input on what things they would like to see changed or added.

Take the ideas and see what things would help make the state series big again. I am not saying that you need to use everyones ideas, but someone may have a great idea that could help.

Open up the communications between the parents/riders and the state board.

bmiddaugh

Dave, I’m just wondering….so you are into the whole satin jacket thing?

BMX racing needs to get more riders,
    in order to do that lots of things need to change and the current crop of people in charge, (and believe it or not, in this particular post I am not talking about the people in charge of NBL NJBMX) ain’t gonna let that happen.

No sirree…

bmiddaugh

How about everyone who’s #1 gets a bad ass leather biker jacket?

How many would go for that?

bmxmom156

when did they get rid of the jacket? danny has a few of them but in recent years didnt chase state points ( not becuase of the jacket) but just to let someone else have a shot at a title for a change… so i dont remember when they did away with that..?

i think they replaced the jacket with free presidents cup entry? why does that stick in my head? but then again what happens when the rider dosnt go to pres cut..nah that cant be it…

i think in ny they do #1 gets pres cup entry plus room in ohio. ct gives each rider who gets #1 awards dinner for free plus pres cup.

also like glen said the # of locals maybe too much.. what is the amt pa has to do in order to race the pa state championship? i know a few yrs ago a friend of ours from pa said dan could do pa state series as they only had to do 2-3 locals and if they double up you can get it in 1 weekend.

but then again the purpose of the whole thing is to get more riders to local tracks right so how does decreasing the # locals help that situation?

maybe that survey with specific questions for parents/ riders is the way to go… hand out at state champ and collect there too… and for a couple of weeks afterwards..

great idea

tpbmxtd

@bmxmom156 wrote:

but then again the purpose of the whole thing is to get more riders to local tracks right so how does decreasing the # locals help that situation?

Wouldn’t that be the responsibility of the tracks to get local riders to show up….

Most of the riders who have qualified for the championship race have more that 10 races anyway. If you make it more reasonable for people, you may find more people coming to the state championship race.

I am not saying that this is the cure all, but maybe it will be something worth looking into.

4130forlife

definitly NOT satin jackets

s4lnj

i say 6 locals– not too many– not too little—

4130forlife

why not make it just state qualifiers, you have 4 tracks involved

1 state qualifier from each track

even tho they have 2 the same weekend, make it so you just need 1 race from each track

RaidenHayden

[quote=”tpbmxtd
    Wouldn’t that be the responsibility of the tracks to get local riders to show up….[/quote]

This is another thing that is lost, the tracks need to go get their own riders and do more than use the fact that riders need local races for their state points.

Make it fun, make the riders wanna race for the sake of racing and not to get a plate. Get your own riders, rather than relyon who needs locals for their plate. It’s call marketing, some of you have made it clear you are running a small business running thes tracks, then act like they are, because if a business is run like some of these tracks, they would be out of business

wasnt it less than 10 locals last year? I know they counted 10 locals, but you could still race the championship with less. why not make it 4 qualifiers (1 more) and only 6 locals.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.